Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know or have any "info" about the Towel handout at the cards/colts game sunday night?? i heard that they gave everyone entering the stadium a white towel with words in Spanish to wave ... But it pissed all of the fans off [ good for them]... but I can't find any articles about this fiasco...I need AMMO!

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I'm not sure, but it is most likely a push by the NFL, to capture some of the "Latin American" market. They're just being capitalists, like everyone else.

·
Registered
619 Posts
The towel said long live the cardinals in Spanish. They cardinals presented a plaque to Spanish group prior to kick off. I didn't hear anyone complaing about it being is Spanish. I thought it was cool.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well . I have no problem with any ethnic celebration....But I heard about it on KFYI... Fact is Why wasn't it [the towel] in english???... All Americans speak English right?.... KFYI [ Babinski [ phone screener] said everyone in his section was pissed... he said some even thru the towels back at the attendents yelling shove this up yer ass... and some said what the F###ck is this??? I think it sucks that they printed it in a foreigh language... but then again I AM A CARDINALS HATER..

·
Registered
619 Posts
I know it had todo something with mexico brodcasting cardinals game there now. I dont see what the big deal is, No one seemed to care when the whole stadium was waving the towels at the start of game. some people are just ignorant I guess.

·
Registered
619 Posts
this was a league wide things, celebrate hispanic heritage.

They also handed out "go chargers / arribe los chargers" rollout banners at the chargers game.

·
Registered
137 Posts
You guys know that the US doesn't have an official language right. There is more important shit to worry about than Spanish on the ****ing towels

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Anyone know or have any "info" about the Towel handout at the cards/colts game sunday night?? i heard that they gave everyone entering the stadium a white towel with words in Spanish to wave ... But it pissed all of the fans off [ good for them]... but I can't find any articles about this fiasco...I need AMMO!
The reason it was printed in Spanish was in observance of Mexican-American heritage month. That is why Rolando Cantu, the only mexican american born player ever to play in the NFL was honored at pre-game. Also the same reason they had stupid mexican dancers at halftime.

I for one was pissed, many people in my section were pissed. My 77 year old mother was irrate and gave it back to the lady handing them out(she was mugged by a piece if shit illegal mexican scumbag).

I know this will piss off alot of liberal,"can't we get along" people but I don't care.

When is European-American heritage month?

When is the celebration for Anglos?

Someone please tell me what month in Mexico is American-Mexican heritage month? Anyone with a brain knows America has done 10 times more for Mexico than they have for us.

The fact in this country is racism is alive and well and more rampat that ever.

No white american channel on tv.
No NAAWP (National Association for the advancement of white people).
No White music awards.
No White TV awards.

You can march down the street and proclaim your pride in being black, brown, yellow, female, gay etc.

Of course if ANYONE had a white pride parade they would immediately labeled racists and attacked.

The same people who gripe and whine about America's racial problems of our past, are the biggest racists in our country's history.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Totally agree Hammer. Let's not forget about the schools celebrating Black Heritage month with special programs and the kids singing songs of praise to black people. Where is the White Heritage month? Oh, that's right, we can't celebrate that because we would be racist then.

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
When is European-American heritage month?

When is the celebration for Anglos?

Someone please tell me what month in Mexico is American-Mexican heritage month? Anyone with a brain knows America has done 10 times more for Mexico than they have for us.

The fact in this country is racism is alive and well and more rampat that ever.

No white american channel on tv.
No NAAWP (National Association for the advancement of white people).
No White music awards.
No White TV awards.

You can march down the street and proclaim your pride in being black, brown, yellow, female, gay etc.

Of course if ANYONE had a white pride parade they would immediately labeled racists and attacked.

The same people who gripe and whine about America's racial problems of our past, are the biggest racists in our country's history

I brought all this up at my work and the HR department told me not to go there! Supposely it's been brought up before and they cant do anything about it. We celebrate every type of heritage at our company except the white.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I was watching San Fran playing the dbacks a few weeks ago and San Fran were wearing jerseys that had GIGANTES embroidered on them. I was wondering what that cost us to celebrate Mexican hertiage day...or whatever the hell they called it.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hammer/Delw both very good posts/points... What it comes down too is AMERICANS for the most part are sick and tired of the BULLSHIT!... 1 for english...fishing regs.. ballots, MVD and other official documents printed in Spanish! etc,etc... where does it end?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Man, you guys should go for it...Make November white heritage month. Then you all could wear business suits to work, speak English all day (or German, Gaelic, French, etc.), start another war with Mexico and take another half of its land and welcome 50 million new Americans, the possibilities are endless. I would suggest a celebration of the white men who outlined the ideals of America, but that's already celebrated (July 4th and September 17). I mean, just do it. Organize white heritage month here, on the Zone. It would be great if aspects of the ******* culture could be incorporated as well. Maybe we could even celebrate the Klan. The Confederacy?! There is so much to celebrate! The triangle slave trade....go for it. Personally I think it's stupid to celebrate cultural achievements in designated months because it tends to send the message that a particular culture is only important for a month. But I'm curious, what will all you white prided zoners come up with?

·
Registered
688 Posts
OMG,some of you can find the stupidiest shit to cry over!!!lol Go fish!!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts