Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the Rally will be held Saturday Oct 4th at the Hook-up inside Lake Pleasant. Details are still being worked out but I am working with Ben, Delw, John, and the dealers to make this a bigger and better Rally than last year. Put the date on your calendar and I will update as details are finalized.

We plan to have a kids casting contest (looking for a volunteer to help organize this), BBQ (Delw, April, and myself volunteered to cook and provide some food), Instructional fishing seminars (Ben is working out a schedule), Lure Vendor displays/demos (Ben working on this), and a Fishing Tournament (Ben working details).

Special thanks to the dealers and reps. As Open Throttle (Champion, Skeeter, Basscat), Complete (Triton, Lowe), Martin (Procraft), and Southwest (Ranger, Stratos) have agreed to support the rally this year. The Tracker/Nitro and Gambler teams have also agreed to support the rally. I have also invited folks from the Allison, Bullet, and Stroker owners boards and I have a message into the builders of Beeline/Phoenix. So many of the poplular bassboat brands will be represented at this years rally. But I encourage any individual owners to bring their boats and help reduce the pressure from the dealers and reps.

I would appreciate some input on the BBQ and Fishing Derby.
1) Would you rather have the BBQ picnic style (everyone brings their own meat to grill and side dishes; Delw, April, and I will cook and provide extra meat) or have someone cater (they grill and we buy from them)?
2) What time (early morning before other events or afternoon after the other events) would you rather have the Derby/Tournament?

Please feel free to contact me with suggestions and comments.

Thx,
Dave

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
How about we combine the event with a kids tourney. That way the anglers still get their boats on the water, parents of the kids can look at all the boats, delars get more exposure, the tackle store gets more customers, and we will make arrangements to feed everyone. Most importantly, we ensure the kids get on the water and catch some fish. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
737 Posts
One question. Why at Pleasant?:confused: It can't be the fine amenities.

Just curious, not trying to stir the pot. If you want to see kids catch some fish, I can think of a few other lakes.

Is this more like an on the water boat show? Can I think of it as downtown Mesa on the weekends with all the gorgeous vintage hotrods on Main St.? If so, I'm down where ever it is.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
How about we combine the event with a kids tourney. That way the anglers still get their boats on the water, parents of the kids can look at all the boats, delars get more exposure, the tackle store gets more customers, and we will make arrangements to feed everyone. Most importantly, we ensure the kids get on the water and catch some fish. Any thoughts?
sounds like the plan to me...:hump::hump:

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Dave, thanks for doing this. I'll be there and if anyone wants me to bring my '08 188 I'll try and get it detailed first. I think I know someone on here who can do that!

Art

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Dave, thanks for doing this. I'll be there and if anyone wants me to bring my '08 188 I'll try and get it detailed first. I think I know someone on here who can do that!

Art

Good one LMAO. Dont forget the weekend before the rally I will be at alamo for our wedding.so if your at alamo on sept 27th stop by and say hi.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
we need more guys like this guy!:eek:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
The question is always posed, why at Pleasant? Well the reason we have it at pleasant is due to the fact it is the most convenient for the majority of families that bring their kids up to fish with us. So far it has worked very well (ten years now) and kids seem to always catch a few fish. We allow live bait and encourage our volunteer boaters to tryand get the kidas around anything biting, not just bass. The striper bite should still be solid on oct 4th and kids don't care what they catch. Top it off with the fact we give EVERY participant some free tackle, breakfast, lunch, and sometime on the water and you have a successful event. JMHO so take your shots

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think the kid's tournament is a great idea and I will run it by Ben. Rscustomrods please contact me and give me some details about your tournament.

What do you folks think about having a fishing gear swapmeet as part of the rally? Maybe even donate some of the tackle to the kids...

NoviceDave

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Dave:

John and Ben are good to go. can I call you? If so, can you email me a phone number or call me at 623-930-3721 (my cell is at home today). Fishing gear swapmeet sounds like a great addition to this deal.

Rich

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Perfect that sounds like a great plan Rich. You have just set the official time for the AZBasszone Rally. Rich's Glendale Police Department kid's tournament starts at first light and weigh in will be at 11am. So for those that want to participate in his tournament (he still needs more volunteer boats to take the kids fishing; please let Rich know if you can help) the rally will start at first light. For everyone else it will start at 11am. Rich also will be doing the BBQ'n so if you would like to contribute please contact him to make donations. The rally events (which will include a tackle swapmeet/donation) will follow the tournament and BBQ.

Thx,
NoviceDave

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I think the kid's tournament is a great idea and I will run it by Ben. Rscustomrods please contact me and give me some details about your tournament.

What do you folks think about having a fishing gear swapmeet as part of the rally? Maybe even donate some of the tackle to the kids...

NoviceDave
yeah donate it to some of us!! lol jk:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.