Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took Franklin out, was fishing by 0920...1st fish by 0940 by Franklin on a crank. Wind was blowing like crazy! Franklin got one more on a crank, and lost a bigger one (Not a surprise :lol: )...then moved to a calmer cove. I DS-ed one out of about 25' on a point that we watched get hammered by 2 other boats. Moved to a nice long point to crank, and Franklin went swimming. Day over. The wind was too much for my wimpy trolling motor. I am 100% sure the wind is/was a factor in the crank bite up there....thats my tip o' the day. Off the water by 11:30 due to a soggy backseater.
Jason

·
Registered
126 Posts
me too

I was out Sat. 2/7 as well, from 7:30-2:00. I agree, the wind was a b%$&ch. But is seems to be like that more days than not in recent weeks. I expect it will be for the bass-off date, too.

While the wind was up I was cranking and caught nada. When the wind let up a bit around 10:00 I finally caught some fish - three 2-lbers, two 1-lbers, and three dinks, all on texas-rigged tubes back in the coves.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.