Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kid wants to go quading. Can you get a truck into the back side of Saguaro to the water, with a trailer, from the overflow area or Butcher Jones, without scratching it?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I have seen trucks with small trailers in one of the coves on the north shore, they must have just followed the wash down because crossing the ridges between butcher jones and the coves you need 4x4 and going that route too many times has put several hundred nice scratches in my truck.if you go into butcher jones and through the gate and follow the wash you will eventually come to a "t" ,turn right and you will start crossing the washes that lead to the coves.Exactly which wash you want I can't tell you.

·
Registered
385 Posts
John there is an entrance to what we called the rolls that does end up on the north side of the lake. The entrance is located at Butcher Jones. Gotta have a good 4X4 though and a GPS if you got one. Can't tell you won't scratch up your truck though. And really wouldn't recomendening you pull a trailer behind you while attempting to make it to the shore line on the lake. I have been back there a few times on calls and I really hate taking my Patrol Vehicle back there. There are several areas with steep inclines that you have to travel and not the best in the world. And easy to get lost in if your not familar with the area. You can acutally take quads and go to four peaks if you know the area enough but it not easy in a vehicle. Good Luck!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
As Nightranger said you do not want to take the "rolls" Trails and I guarentee that the people I saw with the trailers did not go that way, if you have time to explore the washes you can find a way to the water,or you can park near Butcher jones and ride the quads in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts