Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man .. for me .. a rough day wind from south at 10+ water 76 , clear by dam end and stained as ya go up ... crazy pleasure boaters and to much traffic for such a small lake .. o well ,, dropshots in shad colors .. jigs in green ... a few jerkbait fish and a long day ........... best o luck to yas .!!.................NET.!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I guess I will add our report to this. Started off kinda slow from the north ramp. Picked up a few Chatterbait fish early. Then went up just north of Yellow cliffs and started throwin jerkbaits. Between Just J and myself we went over 50 fish. Most small with a couple around 2. Best 5 probably 8 lbs. Lost a nice fish at the boat. Fish were suspended in 5-10 foot on tapering shallows with deep water close. Very thankful for cooler weather.

And a side note. I know its been said before and I will gladly say it again. You freakin Tourney guys suck. When money is on the line you loose your class. Im gonna go buy a water balloon sling shot for your a$$.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
firefyter55 the non-fishing entertainment of the day for us was watching the net nazis netting 8" fish after cutting us off in a cove... We laughed it off rather than getting too pissed off haha.

Tons of bass boats out there today. We saw multiple points get hit by at least 3 different boats over an hour or so each. Seemed like most people were fishing deeper water on the main lake but there are fish back in the shallows if you know what to look for.

We didn't get the numbers but we managed about the same weight as firefyter55 and J back in the shallows. Only one rat though, tossing jigs.

·
Registered
8,424 Posts
And a side note. I know its been said before and I will gladly say it again. You freakin Tourney guys suck. When money is on the line you loose your class. Im gonna go buy a water balloon sling shot for your a$$.
I fished that tournament today and had 3 guys in a boat pull up on me less than 50 feet from my direction of travel. They were not in that tournament. I coul dnot do anything but pound points, lost my bow Lowrance 332c again. And I just got it repaired less than 6 months ago. Yes it is still under warranty from Lowrance.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I fished the tournament yesterday. Didn't really fish by anyone, was looking for water than didn't seem to have too many boats by it. Fishing was tough for us. We weighed in 3 fish for 6.66, with one over 3 lbs. We didn't know that you can weigh in any size at the Jackass tournament, we threw back about 15 that were 12 3/4". I guess we will make sure we know the rules next time. After feeling like dumb shits, it was a lesson learned.

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Some guys just suck, tourney or not. Some guys are great tourney or not. Sorry you had someone cut you off.(FF55)

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I fished the tournament yesterday. Didn't really fish by anyone, was looking for water than didn't seem to have too many boats by it. Fishing was tough for us. We weighed in 3 fish for 6.66, with one over 3 lbs. We didn't know that you can weigh in any size at the Jackass tournament, we threw back about 15 that were 12 3/4". I guess we will make sure we know the rules next time. After feeling like dumb shits, it was a lesson learned.
Hey Dropshot, I think you and I had that chat by your boat. Correct me if I am wrong? I was the dude in the yellow shirt with the black hat. You and your partner seemed a little pissed after I mentioned it to you.

Sucks that you culled like that. Happened to me at Alamo once during a friendly tournament. Kept tossing out all our unders then spent the rest of the day trying to fill our limit.

I agree with Dr 6, nothin sucks worse than someone pushing you around on the water tournament angler or not.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Some guys just suck, tourney or not. Some guys are great tourney or not. Sorry you had someone cut you off.(FF55)
We spent Sat. night sun mourn up there fun fishin, caught fish but tough, maybe not the best choice after a tmx like that. put about a dozen in the boat sat. night Jigs and DS. mostly main lake but did get some in coves as well.

Sun. mourn some on poppers some on buzzy, some one cranks lipped and lipless. Junk fishn at it's finest. Be nice to get a pattern going one of these days. maybe 20-25 for the trip.

Have to say off the water though fisherman do stick together. We had a blowout on our trailor on the way home. we got it changed without to much trouble and as we were packing up to get on the road, nice fella in dodge with a red and white stratos stopped to help. We Bs'd a little and he took off, before we could get in the truck another guy in a chevy avalanche with a big triton boats sticker on the back stopped to check on us, said he lived around the corner and would've gone to get whatever we needed. Nice to know there are still some descent people willing to help out there. Thanks for stopping to check on us fellas, appreciate the gesture.

C

·
Registered
946 Posts
Hey Dropshot, I think you and I had that chat by your boat. Correct me if I am wrong? I was the dude in the yellow shirt with the black hat. You and your partner seemed a little pissed after I mentioned it to you.

Sucks that you culled like that. Happened to me at Alamo once during a friendly tournament. Kept tossing out all our unders then spent the rest of the day trying to fill our limit.

I agree with Dr 6, nothin sucks worse than someone pushing you around on the water tournament angler or not.
yeah, that was us. It's our fault for not knowing all the rules.

I knew something was up when someone ask how the hell did we catch 3 for 6.66 and didn't get any little ones.

I like the set up Jack has and I will be fishing more of those tournaments.

Nice talking to you, I am John, see ya at the next one.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
yeah, that was us. It's our fault for not knowing all the rules.

I knew something was up when someone ask how the hell did we catch 3 for 6.66 and didn't get any little ones.

I like the set up Jack has and I will be fishing more of those tournaments.

Nice talking to you, I am John, see ya at the next one.
Cool John! Nice meeting you guys. I think I will be going to a few more of these. This was my first big tourney (60 boats) and it was a real cool experience. Jack throws a pretty good event.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts