Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a good day on bartlett today for crappie. Picked up 24 decent ones threw back numerous small ones and had rat bass destroying my jig all day anwywhere from 1/4 to 3/4 of a lbs large mouth . Lots of shad schools moving around the bass started busting them about 3:00 pm. up lake. Boat Cop could of had a field day today. I guess people think "no wake" "no Ski" is for weekends only?? there were lots of boats on bartlett today mostly jet ski and skiers (there must be a fall break from school already??) and they are still not done with the construction work in SB cove but the launch ramp is open there and lake is looking good both water quality and percentage full for this time of year.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
I took the Boat and jet skis out on tuesday of last week and played lets nail the wakeboarders. My partners were on the jet skis and would catch them and then herd them to me like cattle. they sort of got sensitive about cops on jet skis and said that was not fair. I showed sympathy as i reminded them to press hard 4 copies.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bartlett

Boat Cop, you could of filled out a full book of tickets today up lake,dont know why it was so crowded for a monday?? the worse part is watching a dad blow thru the different warning bouys or just driving real stupid and there are 1-2-3 kids sitting in the boat seeing that you really dont have to follow rules, must be rules are for other people??another generation of idiots will be matured??

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Well, its just that most people dont read signs, thats why they made the universal language signs. I have people tell me all the time that the hazard buoys are the no wake buoys. I then ask them what the last grade of school they completed. I was up the lake this afternoon in my truck trying to catch a dog that someone left at the lake by the no wake buoys. It was an english pointer mix that had a bad encounter with some cholla. poor dog had colla all over his face in all of his paws and his whole nut sack looked like a cholla ball. he would let me get to about 4 foot then cower and trot off. I did give him my sandwich to eat though. hope he makes it through the night and i will try again tommorrow.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bartlett lake SB cove launch ramp

Yes up past the no ski/no wake bouys. some in behind the island just north and some past ship rock. all in 16-18' of water,and all on the berkley jigs,tried minnows but only caught rat bass on the minnows.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bartlett

phaz,let me know how you do,should be good with the cloud cover today. Watch out for skiers blowing past the no ski bouys they can't read!!!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Thanks for the good report! :D

...but I don't think I'll be heading to Bartlett any time soon. I hear Boat Cop checks for fire extinguishers and Del-Mart took mine because they said it made me look like a geek, having all of my safety equipment on board... :wink:

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Come on now, dont let them bully you. live on the edge, be a leader, be a role model I know you want to be a Law abiding boater. Besides people say Delw is a PUNK!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
I went out yesterday with a whole bunch of out of date Dolly Madison goodies the Dolly Madison guy gave me to chum the dog and there was a group of campers about 1/4 of a mile away from where the dog was. there was a 14 year old girl that i had talked to the day before and she was able to catch him after about 3 hours of trying. She picked out most of the cholla and her parents said she could keep him. he was a very mellow good natured dog. My feelings are if the freakin idiot that left him out there decides he wants him back , life sucks for him, I never got the peoples name or number, i am unable to track them down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts