Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

Bartlett Fishing Report Aug 7

986 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  arizonadornbusch 
#1 ·
Time: 0530-0930
Weather: Beatiful in morning and hot by 8am. Wind (0-10)
Water: 87-90.1... Pretty clear in some areas, not to normal
Lake Lice: Hardy at all, perfect

Well hit it at first light and decided to keep to my same game plan thats been killing them for me. I havent been there and 3 weeks and guys were telling me it was tough. Rycos were killing them for me then so I decided to stick with it. Started throwing ricos and me and my son each had a blow up but could not stick them. That was first thing. After that the top water was completely dead. Tried several different top water lures and nada. Graphed a pretty cool structure underwater with a bunch of fish in it around 20ft so decided to dropshot. Picked up 3 right away. After that, lights out again. Hauled up river and saw some fish boiling so I through my vixen and a superspook and nada, you could see them swimming right around your bait. Decided to dropshot again up river and NADA again. Now its getting hot and i'm stumped. I decided to try a new spot and throw some deep cranks for a while and again nothing. I come up on a bouy and decide to through my drop shot right on it and Bamn, fish hauled ass with it on the fall...Very next cast, same thing...Now its game on. Very next cast again right on bouy BAMN, fish on, it feels like a biggin, (boys get the net daddy's got a biggin), fought for about 5-8sec, then snag on the bouy rope....Spend 20min trying to get it out, I just knew it was a PB for me at Bartlett, but nope I broke it off...Now its hot and we took off....There is my bartlett adventure...Hope you enjoyed it...

Adicted

See less See more
#6 ·
I know George because I am older than George. Basically it is a solid jig with a spinner attached and fish it like a spoon. Sportsman has them with the spoons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.