Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Parking Lot vs the Beach???? What about Bass Master Classic?

Have you ever watched the Bass Master Classic....I dont think its next to the water when they weigh the fish...it looks more like an arena!!! Anyone can lose a bunch of fish occassionally....a livewell that breaks down during the tournament.....a very bad hookset....forgetting a needle to needle a fish caught too deep....it can happen to anyone occassionally. Only a moron would purposely mistreat their fish by keeping it out of the water during a weigh-in especially since they lose points that way. Why would you blame the guys running the tournament...arent we responsible for our own fish and how it is treated before and after it is weighed? Make the arrangements yourself to keep the fish in water until you can get it back in the lake!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
weigh-in

Let's see... 95% of the fish must have died? I personally released a limit of 6 healthy, kicking fish.... ( sadly, 6 SMALL healthy kicking fish) So even if everyone else killed every one of their fish, you are still wrong !! HA !

Even then, I really felt like I should be taking them home to eat, and would have if I wasn't too tired to clean them. Bartlett has a stunted population, and could use some thinning out.

Roostertales is a good organization. There are a lot of factors to consider when choosing a weigh-in location, the point about the classic is well-taken. Every angler that I saw at the weigh in put their fish back in the livewell to take them down to the water.

Through the night I took great care, using several techniques, including ice and aeration, to keep my fish alive. I don't believe that everyone in the club should come under fire, and I am a bit offended to be included under a blanket statement.

While I don't really agree with bringing the fish down to the lake in a dry bag, this trip should not harm a fish that has come off the lake healthy. People need to take care of their fish before hand, so the fish can withstand the brief rigors of a weigh-in.

BY THE WAY.... That was not just a good bag, J, it was a fricking unbelievable bag. Nice going.

· Registered
6,848 Posts
I agree with Delw on that! We weigh our fish in the parking lot and sometimes it's a long ways from the ramp. Would you like to be in line at the ramp and theres big tourney weigh in and it's blocking/causeing lauching problems? I know I wouldnt. And about the eco system, well take some fish home once in awhile, step up to the plate and if theres a dead one take it home. Congrats onthat weight at barlett thats great! Delw is Jaime a tile setter? Also Delw, I was full throatle on Canyon sat night and my rpms went to about 7K. Not the prop the motor didnt seem to be running that hard but.....Who is able to do a compression test without waiting 2 weeks?

· Registered
11,680 Posts
JMO, but the only similarities between a Roostertails weigh-in up in the parking lot at Bartlett and a BassMaster Classic weigh in is they are both away from the lake and fish are brought to the weigh-in in a livewell. After they're weighed in at a BassMaster Classic there are "runners" who take the basket of fish and literally sprint out of the arena and put the fish in a huge holding tank. State fishery staff is there to treat the fish and then transport them back to the lake. I attended the 2000 Classic weigh-ins and saw the same on this years ESPN coverage.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Roostertails/ Jamie

You are right; i may not know a live fish from a dead one but i can smell BS when i get close to it;;; let me get this straight; you put all the "LIVE" fish in one boats live well??? and the winning weight was over 17 lbs;; so how many fish/ lbs were in one live well for how long??? don;t know much about water capacity of a bass boat; but seems to me that each fish had about one ounce of water to be swimming in;; wonder how long all those fish lived once you released them????? i still liked how the other club handled their weigh in!!!!!!!!!!

· Premium Member
34,659 Posts
Slotking

Yes thats Jamie.
Your boat went to 7k as in 7000 rpms? sounds to me like a spun prop hub.
SOmetimes you can put them into gear and spin them then you will know its a prophub. but its best to take the prop off and look at it if you see alot of rubber(if you have the rubber hub)chucks laying inside it prophub is bad.
If you have the plastic type pull it out and check it for cracks and or being rounded off..

I doubt your compression is bad is it went to 7k sounds to me like prop hub.
Also if you were over trimmed you can get some hefty RPMS
I thought you had a newer boat, that should have a rev limiter on it to kill the motor over 6000 rpms

Delw

· Premium Member
34,659 Posts
Enders Please make a note at the next meeting

see about getting water truck to transport fish from weigh -in to edge of lake

Elkhunter
The Boat that they were in has big livewells

Delw

· Registered
6,848 Posts
I havent looked at the prop yet but I spun a few of them and I know what that feels like. I know Jaime from work, he's been the forman for a tile co. that we use to use but If I remember I think he went out on his own. He actually told me about the azbasspro site. good guy if you see him or Jaime if you read this hope things are still going good and all. Always need a good tile guy.
Delw I have a 2000 boat. As for the bells and whistles I dont believe I have rev limiter but I 'll look for it. Is there any sign before you blow a powerhead? For some reason I can feel my ass pucker a little, I think something is going to take a shit pretty soon. I wipe her down, I wax her and I talk nasty to her but I'm ready for a repair bill I can feel it! P.S. one more question. My speedo is leaking and I've cut the tube and replaced it and cinched it back down as tight as I could and theres still water spraying. I'm afraid to cinch anymore cause I'll break the nipple off the speedo. Any other fixes?

· Premium Member
34,659 Posts
Slotking

If your in doubt take it to a mechanic. it should still be under warrenty. and its alot cheaper now that after the fact.

I think most motors will have a rev limiter its not an option it comes standard. I know mercs do but then Novice dave has that 280hp promax? which runs 7k if I remember correctly.

when does it get to 7k? out of the hole(does it just sit for a min and rev up) or when you are on plane and you get a sudden burst.

What brand and model of your motor?

Delw

· Premium Member
34,659 Posts
Forgot the speedo part.

Where is it leaking inside the speedo or outside?
speedo might be bad . you can take them apart carefully and you might be able to fix it.

I was borrowing a buddy's boat about 4 weeks ago and we were on plane hit a wave and I started getting wet. couldnt figure out where all the water was coming from(its a wierd feeling do 60) anyway the hose slipped off , I didn't tie it in place and it didnt come back off.
So it might be in the speedo

Delw

· Registered
6,848 Posts
thanks delw i'll check it out. might fish pleasant tourney tomorrow night I'll keep you posted.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.