Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a club T there this weekend and it was typical Bartlett. Cranks, dropshot, spinnerbaits, jigs, etc. it all worked. You could easily dropshot 30 fish a day, but the keepers, (12" or larger), were tougher to find. My best success came on jigs as well as most guys, at least for size. Main lake points and shelves with good drop offs were the best. If you want to hone a technique or work on something this is a good place to go. Best of luck!

G

·
Nice job Turtle. Do you by chance know if anyone throwing cranks was using a DD22. I only ask because a guy that ordered some worms from me the other day, said he was catching 6-8 bass a day from 2 1/2-3lbs each, and he said they were weighing each of those fish. That would be a nice limit on Bartlett.

G

·
Winning weight was around 17lbs for the 2 days. Instead of the typical 6lb limit each day he had a hefty 8lb+ both days. No one was throwing a DB22 that I heard of. Just the baits Turtle mentioned. Big fish for the T was under 3lbs. I would have loved to have seen just 1 of those 3lbers the DB22 guy was catching!!!!

G

·
I hear ya. I fished a tournament a couple of weeks ago on Lake Pleasant that I thought we had a good shot at winning. During our two pre fish outings, we caught several 2 1/2-3lb plus bass in an area up the river, and shook off some without setting the hook. But the day of the tournament we only caught one over 3lbs, and busted off a couple of good fish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts