Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading to Bartlett in the morning. Anybody catching anything up there recently. I'd like to catch some crappie if the bass aren't biting. Any advice is welcome.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have heard that there quite a few crappie at the no-wake buoys in the river. Out in the middle of the lake in the trees. Use crappie jigs. The bass are there to be had but it has been a tough bite...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let me know how you do, I'm headed up there in the middle of the week and plan to fish for crappie if I can't get the bass to bite. Thanks, George

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was in Payson this weekend. A guy was catching crappie with minnows , right off the bottom, in 18 - 20 of water in Green Valley Lake. Around Dec.30, I was catching crappie in shallower water, but since it's so cold up there, the crappie have gone waaaaaaaay down.
Good luck
Herm

·
Registered
16 Posts
Results

We got to the lake around 10am only to find that my main gas line was leaking like a sieve. Spent two and a half hours trying to replace it but no luck. We ended up trolling across from Bartlett Flats and then tied up at the two orange bouys over the fish habitat to drown some minnows. I caught one blue gill and one small large mouth there. Left around 3:30pm. Great day to be on the water! Thanks to everyone for the tips on where to fish. Phaz, how did you do?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.