Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

Bass Mount Pics....

10K views 63 replies 30 participants last post by  RookieBoy 
#1 ·
Here are the pics of the mounts for sale... I will take $125.00 Each or all for $300.00 Thanks Ron 480-518-5180

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Guys, you got to remember that I let a 17.48 go and also let a 16 pounder loose and many more over 10 lbs. These fish were caught in the mid 90,s when canyon was off the hook for big fish !! American bassman I appreciate the thought but these used to be my pride and joy until I caught 3 bigger. More pride in releasing them than mounting them. Besides rumour has it that fork has a world record with my name on it!!!! Ron

#12 ·
No because he took it from the lake alive had it weighed and brought it back to the lake and released it. Game and fish voided it saying he broke the law!!!!!!!!!!!

So the moral of the story is you got to kill the fish before it can be a record!!!!!!!!!!!

#16 ·
I do not hold the official state record, but in my heart I knew I did the right thing. Pretty Ironic though that a year or so after that episode, Az game and fish gave the record to some guy in parker for catching the largest catfish in the state. He also transported it to the post office after keeping it alive in his bathtub for a couple of days. I guess he killed it and got the record! Alive or dead doesnt matter, its the transportation law that got me.. I wasnt sure if a flathead is a Gamefish or not, but az game and fish screwed the pooch on this whole thing. Dont get me wrong, I was partly at fault too for not knowing the transportation laws. All of the big fish guys in Aj always transported our fish to bashas to get them weighed. I know Bill warman who caught a fish bigger than mine and had an ordeal also. He said his fish went over 18 pounds!! I apologize to the zoners for keeping canyon such a secret in the 90,s, but myself and 2 other guys knew that canyon held a possible world record in its prime!!! We never let anyone know what we were using or where we were fishing at that time. I was the first person to get the big swimbaits in az and had canyon and saguaro to myself. sure there was a few guys who came out and stuck some toads on normal stuff, but never stuck with the big bait craze that was sweeping the west coast. I was fortunate enough to have Mike long from calif. as a mentor and he gave me some information about big bass hunting that would blow your mind.. Well enough ranting on about that sore subject. I am on my way to texas to try the swimbait tactics that I have acquired over the last 16 yrs or so and maybe I can break the record there and possibly a world record !!! Ron C.

#19 ·
Ron ,just because those guys in AJ did it doesnt mean its legal.

I agreed with game and fish at that time and what and why they did it and I still do.
there are many reasons why it ( releasing a fish)shouldnt be allowed in the record books and I am sure you know why as we all have that discussion before.
it is nothign against you at all.

It all has to do with MONEY, you cant trust anyone nor the witness's etc etc, everyone has a price.

what cracks me up over the whole ordeal and NOT just yours but quite a few of them. ( bill and chuck as well in AZ and quite a few in CA) is that its all hypocritical,
they kill fish and big fish and have them on the wall, however when that same someone has a record fish its not killed, that right there throws up flags to me big time.

I thought bill and chuck were great fishermen and people, until I saw and listened to the bullshit they spouted for many years especialy at that one particular game and fish meeting. do as I say not as I do?. those 2 clowns alone have killed more big bass in canyon and saguaro lake than most people will see in a museum, but yet they were the first ones to cry like bitchs when Game and fish wouldnt let your fish be a record fish. I mean come the **** on , I know you have seen the dead fish Bill and chuck caught WTF is one more dead fish? this saving it for the genes bullshit is just that BULLSHIT.

I am not saying that I don't belive the story you told me, as I have no reason too. Rumors are just that rumors and I dont put much thought into them.

anyway just read also that your moving to Texas, I know youve talked about it for years good luck too you, its definately a great fishery Falcon lake fork amistade etc etc
If you dont sell them before you leave and I come up with it I will buy them they look like really nice mounts with lots of color.

Delw

#20 ·
Delw, Lets talk hypocritical !! AZ mame and squish denying my fish for a bullshit transportation law, then they go and get scales for all the lakes(thanks to bill w,chuck and myself), then they put the scale at roosevelt 20 miles from the Lake!!!Come on del. Isnt that calling the kettle black? Or did they want everybody who weighed a trophy to KILL it!! Very bad judgement on their part!!! I took my medicine and I still have faith in the AZgf dept. But that was a bonehead call and you know it. I totally agreed with the ruling until I found out about the parker Incident and the Official scale 20 miles from the lake. No hard feelings toward you delw. Just my 3 cents....... Ron

#21 ·
Dont even get me started on the rosy scale I was against that fromt he start for live fish weight ,I agree that scale at rosy is the biggest joke of them all. but like I said the rules are the rules.

actually those scales at those lakes are thanks TO TERRY JOHNSON as he was the one that Found the money for them and made it happen on behalf of you bill and chuck. Bill and chuck and you built what was needed, Terry took extra money from his dept. and swapped it over to the fisheries dept. as the fisheries dept didnt have anything in there budget for that year. Terry tried and found a way to get it done almost immediate to calm the nerves so to speak.
The fisheries dpet. LarryR and Bill warnekee tried like hell to find the money to do such a thing and there budget didnt have anycushion for that year.

I have no hard feelings for you in that at all, I can sympthosize(sp) with you on it. as it was frustrating big time I am sure and you had lots to gain if it went through.

The parker incident was the catfish correct? it was killed and weighed in, so it was proven, it wasnt released and speculated. if thats the one I am thinking. if you would have killed that bass you would ahve never had to worry about a transportation clause.

#26 ·
Dont forget about Choke Canyon, they pulled 5 fish over 15lbs this year alone. Fork used to be great in the 80's and 90's but has pretty much slowed down over the years. It's a great lake so have fun and make sure you get to know that lake before you zoom across it because there are logs sticking up everywhere.. good thing the channels are marked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.