Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i would be paying it off every month, mainly i'd be doing it for the store points and money to use for fishing gear

·
Registered
671 Posts
Had one and it was a mistake. Thought it would be good since it was Cabala's but its a seperate company that treats its customers like chit.

Im sure not everyone had a bad experience though.

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
I've had one for 5 yrs and like it. Not sure why everyone is having issues with it. It gives you alot of pts even if you dont use the card. All you have to do is give them the number and you can pay with your debit card and still get the pts.

·
Registered
8,424 Posts
It's through B of A. You'll get 10% your purchase the day you get the card and you get tons of points.
I took advantage of that when I picked up my new Lowrance HDS8 and also got a $100.00 gift card. The kicker is that it all looks great until you see that 14.99% annual interest. If you do as I did and buy it and pay it off the first billing cycle it's great but as far as any credit card goes that interest is a killer, and if you are late then I think it kicks that interest up to 29.99%.

Now I do have the rewards car too besides the Platinum Visa. I never even activated that Visa and have no plans too unless I can get equal too or less than 3% annual interest.

The points do not equal a value for the interest you will be paying unless you pay that payment totally off within the first month. Those poinst are like Del holding a carrot in front of a donkey, that donkey just don't know it yet but he is getting screwed.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
i would be paying it off every month, mainly i'd be doing it for the store points and money to use for fishing gear
If that's your purpose and you actually pay it off each month than interest is totally insignificant.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Pay it off every month and the points are just like free money. I have the Cabelas card and have collected over $1600 worth of points, got free stuff in the mail, and have never paid them 1¢ of interest. I use it like a debit card. Don't even know what the interest rate is LOL. What's not to like?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I've got one. Pay it off and its aok. I got it when I bought my Swarovski's 3 years ago and have been using it since. We just pay it off every month and cash in on the points once in a while.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
dont cha loose yer points that are unused at the end of the year? My Cabelas points carry over forever, they never take em away due to fiscal year tax crap.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
All you have to do is make a purchase within a 6 month period and they'll stay current. I get there every other month or so. A purchase of any amount will keep the points current. They'll mail you a notice 30 days before they expire to let you know.

·
Registered
187 Posts
i have one and i have lost $150.00 in rewards points because i was saving them for a big purchase. they only give you a month then they put a expiration dated certificate and give you two months to use it or loose it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I had one over 5 years and love the free money I get every month. All you have to do is opt out of the rebate checks and you'll be able to save them with out them expiring. Just pay it off every month and you'll get free money every month. I'll pay all my bills with it even my house and pay it off every month. Think about it you have to pay those bills every month why not get paid for it.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
i have one and i have lost $150.00 in rewards points because i was saving them for a big purchase. they only give you a month then they put a expiration dated certificate and give you two months to use it or loose it.
You can have them set up your rewards account so that doesn't happen. Go in to customer service or call 602-606-5600.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts