Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Del, I'm not too happy to hear about your Rick Clunn Signature reels having problems. If you remember, you recommended them to me over the Shimano Bantam Curados (at the time). So now, I have 9 Rick Clunn's. What kind of problems are you having with the Rick Clunn reels? :?

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Why are you being so hard on Delw? YOU bought 9! YOU must like 'em?

G

·
It was a question that came up somewhere else.

The release button pops back half way through a cast, on one of the reels its done it the last 8 times out fishing about 10-20 times day, on the other one it happened once yesterday.

The 7foot med. hvy. rod I use for my titanium spinner baits, can really toss them,then when the release button pops back up there goes 9 bucks.

I probally should take it apart and see whats up BUT I havent done that with my curados ever and they have no problems.

Delw

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
Ironically, my Curado is the only reel that does that to me, Delw! It makes throwing a buzzbait rather difficult.

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
G

·
reels

Whats this about Del not liking the RickClunn reels? I thought he was all for them. I just bought two of them based on what I had read on this site. Actually, I was laughing at the thought of how many of these reels were probably sold based on what was said on this site. I hope they turn out OK, cuz I now own two.

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Delw, the problem you have with your rick clun reels is it like a rackety cack clack sound? Mine does that somtimes if the reel handle is in a certain spot. If I dont put the handle in that position when i cast, then it works fine. Is that the problem you have? My drag is also not working, it is all the way tightend, and it still slipps. It is hard to get a good hookset. Will they really replace it no questions asked?

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Delw, the problem you have with your rick clun reels is it like a rackety cack clack sound? Mine does that somtimes if the reel handle is in a certain spot. If I dont put the handle in that position when i cast, then it works fine. Is that the problem you have?
yeah when it casts ome times it goes rackety cack clack .
But it does it on all different positions of the handle.

My drag is also not working, it is all the way tightend, and it still slipps. It is hard to get a good hookset. Will they really replace it no questions asked?
I havent had problems with my drag, the drags are pretty smooth.
Didyou post one time saying you were using braided line? if you are do you have mono line for a backing( on the reel first) if you dont you will slip on the spool and it has nothing to do with the drag.

Yes you send them a bad reel with a note and they send you a knew one. call them first and get a RMA number.

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
If DELW told you to jump off a cliff, would you?.......
:lol:

me gusta SHIMANO![/i]

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jason, we're not talking about Del telling me to jump off a cliff (which I wouldn't do) but rather telling me about his experience with Shimano Curados and Rick Clunn Signature reels. So for the money, I went with his recommendation to buy the Rick Clunn reels. D A, I'm not really getting on Del's case, I still appreciate the input he gave me on both reels. I went from bushing reels (Ambassador 5000's that I couldn't pitch with or throw light lures with) to ball bearing Rick Clunn's and I like Rick Clunn's. Hopefully I won't have the problem Del has with his Rick Clunn reel(s).

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
I have 3 Pro qualifier SAs 3 Rick Clunns and 3 Johnny Morris reels. I have never had a problem with any of them, i clean and keep my reels serviced. i have had 2 Curados that the handle nut has become loose and reamed out the threads. ship the reel back and they will give you a new one, its that simple. i once shipped an old P.O.S. bass pro reel back and because it was discontinued they gave me the next model up for free. You cant beat their service.

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Sorry you guys have problems with those baitcasters. My Curados are holding up and I sleep with my Johnny Morris baitcaster, because I love it!!! :)

G

·
Bottom line you get what you pay for, shimano all the way, made in Japan is a world of difference from being made in korea or China. Maybe in 15 years they will catch up. It's like buying a honda versus a hyundia.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I can't believe you guys. what happened to the Chronarchs SF. Theres the reel smooth as a babys buttocks. Rick Clunn, Huh???? Who's that???? Just fooling around Guys. Don't mean a thing by it :lol: But............ You do get what you pay for.
Darryl
Long gone.... and in a hurry

·
Registered
13,745 Posts
First of all don't pay any attention to JasonR, he's a jackass, (trust me I fish with the guy) And you do get what you pay for, except when it comes to BPS gear, which from what I have experienced is the best when it comes to the price..................
I pretty much use two Quantum Energy 600PT Baitcasters and I really like them, I guess it's about what you like.................Franklin

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey how many brakes do you keep in your rick clunn's? I have tried 2,4, and 6, and still cant cast worth a dime. I do like them because of the nice smooth retrive. I have had it for six months and still cant really cast with it though or at least with out major backlashes. So if anyone could help my situation I would greatly apprciate it.
Thanks
Justin

1 - 20 of 23 Posts