Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the pros and cons to using mono vs. floro. for throwing diving cranks. What do you use?

*Mono or floro.
*lb. test
*brand of line

Thanks,
Milt

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
If I can get away with it I prefer to use mono because it gives a little and you don't lose as man fish or cranks (10-12lb mostly). But if the water is clear I fish fluorocarbon line (same pound test except for the big DD's then I use 15-16lb).

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I use 10lb Berkley 100% fluorocarbon for maximum depth and sensitivity.I personally dont want my line to stretch.I use a 6'6" med rod and for DDs I use 12lb fluoro and a 7' medhvy rod.I think that most fluorocarbon lines have some stretch to them.I dont like heavy glass crankbait rods so I use the lighter carbon rods.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Every real test I have seen shows fluoro having just as much stretch as mono...my experience shows the same. I use mono, but mainly because of the cost.

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
I'll stick with the fluoro for better depth and invisibility. M or ML rod depending on crank size. I'd rather have "give" in the rod action than the line.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'll second Jason bps mono excell 10 for cranks and jerks in most lakes. I'll use 14 lb at Roosy and San Carlos due to the brush. I wont use floro because I have lost to many cranks from nicks on the line. The BPS mono has least stretch of all the mono I have tried and is strong as hell. I just change the line every time I fish for the most part.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts