Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big bass days are coming,whos all going to fish the tourney? Last year we almost won a couple of times. I think we will do well this year we bought a extra large cooler.Last year some off our fish died because our cooler was too small. We found out that a stringer doesn't work very well either we forgot to pull it up when we were running the boat,I think we drowned them LOL.
Good luck everyone whos fishing it. By the way cool web site.

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
Way to go guest! Make sure it's a 40 qt ice chest. 30 qts for beer and 10 qts for the fish.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Big Bass days

waterdogs and bobbers??? whats wrong with those? They work great,we use treble hooks and lose very few. The secret is to let them nibble on it for awhile and you don't even have to set the hook. We do cut the line on alot of them because they swallow the hooks it doesn't seem to bother them. We found out if you try to get the hooks out it kills them. What other ways do you catch them? We tried snagging some, it works great but found out that its against the law.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Wrong, Wrong, Wrong!

I can't believe that hasn't come up before. I suppose I'll let you in on my little "secret". First, tie a s*&#t load of hooks to a 6' diameter casting net and bait them all with a $3 waterdog, not the $1.50 ones because they are union and don't work as hard, just joking! Guaranteed a 100% catch rate, especially for all those bedding fish. Just make sure you attach your line from your pole to the net to make it arbitrarily legal? Don't worry about putting the fish in the livewell, I just bungee cord the fish to a makeshift plywood raft that I tow back to the weigh in. It's just messy trying to untangle all those hooks and line. Now that the secret is out I guess I'll have to skip BBd's, but my true interest is helping others help themselves in becoming better fisherman! Hasta!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't get it what did I say wrong? I was told this is a friendly web site. Maybe you people aren't tournament fishermen. I'm really not either. My whole family comes up and fishes this one tournament. whats the big deal? went with my Dad to Bartlett last weekend and we picked up and took home a bunch of bass that were floating after some tournament that they had there. I don't think it was a very good tournament because from what it looked like to us they didn't have any coolers or livewells. Oh well at least we didn't waste them. a few other boats pulled in and they were all talking about all the bass floating around. It worked out good because we both took home limits of bass with never making a cast. Why did those tournament guys just let all of those bass go to waste? seems like there should be a law against that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh No! Please don't tell me you are making fun of waterdogs, :cry: One of my favorite things as a child was going to Waterdog Willies with my dad and picking out waterdogs! (I am pretty sure they were not 3$ each then)that was over 30 years ago. But we did not fish with anything else, ( I have no clue where Robo and Yamamoto were back then) but all we had were waterdogs, my dad would fill this Coleman cooler that was brown and metal, and we loved our waterdogs :D Now when I see them I don't have the urge to pick them up and play with them :wink: But I still dig um' :!:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Big Bass Dats

It's Funny that you guys talk about having to cut the line because the fish has swallowed the hook and fishing with waterdogs because lots of amateur fishermen do that. Just a couple of years ago some guy won the big bass days with a 12 lb. fish. I was looking in the tank and the line was sticking out of his mouth I asked the guy what he caught it on and he told me a waterdog. That guy must not be a true fishermen like the rest of you guys. He must just suck and not give a dam about fishing or preserving our fisheries. By the way next time one of you takes a class from John Murry you should ask him how long he sat on that fish's bed before he caught her.

P.S. You cannot weigh a dead fish at B.B.D.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would guess the so called real Bass tournaments kill alot more fish then Big bass days :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
When are these Big Bass days? Why isn't there more of them? Sounds like a real fun tournament. Lots of money and prizes. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.