Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When talking about Sportsmans on Greenfield/US60, Those boys have that store set up for failure.

They have a 80K sqft store and taking their tackle / inventory down to nothing. "we want to carry only the things that sell, we are transfering our tackle to other stores that can sell it." I shop Sportsmans out of convience and I shop for what works on our waters and it's not there anymore.

That tells me that Sportsmans/BPS wishes that they had the same set up as Liars Korner, HookUp, or Phoenix Fishing supply,because you do not need a big box set up. Just carry what works locally, do not need a big box setup. When you run a store, you need the most $$$ out of your square footage. When you throw in the local guys that are on the water 3x a week and selling, they will get you what you need. Sportsmans / BPS is not managed that way.

I don't want to knock the help at Sportsmans, they are working there for a paycheck and relationships with the folks/shoppers who frequent , I just wish they had more say so on what to carry there .

I'll stick with Richard at LK from here on out.RB

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
I'll stick with Richard at LK from here on out.
Agreed. Funny how Richard has done nothing to rival the Big stores...didn't need to. :bow: Even more laughable are the people running these other stores...paid top dollar to run a store into the ground rather than listening to the consumer.:?: that's like a violation of Business 101.:confused:

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Matt, the sportsmen at I-17 seems to be going the opposite way, during bankrupcy had empty shelves with dust on them, and now with new $$ they seem to be stocking up again on lures etc. But being senile they piss me off because they keep moving things around to different sections of the fishing isles so that I wander around looking.

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
Looks like another fine example of corporate america at its best. Raise the overhead thru the roof to were you have to have some serious volume just to break even.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts