Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have their Seastar power purged? Is it a lot better than doing it yourself? I want my steering to be zero slack, ALLY'S are hard enough to drive FAST without fighting your steering...

who locally has the Power Purge systems, and how much do they charge to do the service? Seastar claims it is a 10min job with their system. I have plenty of fluid.

thx.sid

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
all you need is a hand held vacumm pump like used for testing vacumm chambers and brake bleeding, then just follow the seastar direction on the way to turn the wheel and make sure to keep the fluid full in the helm. just resealed mine 2 weeks ago and it worked like a champ.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Sounds like you must be feeling a little slack in the steering. Are you sure it's the hydraulics?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Sid: I have one of the hand held vacuum pumps that 360 was talking about. You're welcome to borrow it. It will only cost you one driving lesson. LOL

Westy

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks

definitely the steering, had a slow leak and replaced the seals and was trying to bleed at home on Sunday and didn't accomplish much (too hot outside).

Westy I will call you this afternoon.

sid

1 - 5 of 5 Posts