Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I called out to one of the lakes and they wanted $125 bucks to rent a 8 hp skiff for 5 hours. Is this true at all the lakes? Are there any lakes that rent for under $50 for a half day? Do any of you other peeps with out boats feel left ripped off as I do? Thats robbery!! Any suggestions besides "buy a boat"

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
look on craigslist. Sometimes there are people out there renting their personal boats for a decent price. Just need a way to tow it..

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
So I called out to one of the lakes and they wanted $125 bucks to rent a 8 hp skiff for 5 hours. Is this true at all the lakes? Are there any lakes that rent for under $50 for a half day? Do any of you other peeps with out boats feel left ripped off as I do? Thats robbery!! Any suggestions besides "buy a boat"
HIRE A GUIDE ;)

Why do you feel your getting ripped off? Is it because someones got something you dont and you feel its not fair?

between insurance, maintance and other shit, I would say you got a pretty good deal

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Yeah, I witnessed some dude at Big lake run his rented boat into the rocks and swing around while smashing the hell out of the lower unit/prop. I seriously doubt he mentioned it to them when he returned the boat.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A pretty good deal? What are you talking about? $35 bucks all day in California . Not to mention most of the boats are donated! So if a father wants to take his kids in a boat it costs more than going to a Dbacks game? Sorry Mr $50,000 Ranger owner just voicing my opinion sounds like I offended you .

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
A pretty good deal? What are you talking about? $35 bucks all day in California . Not to mention most of the boats are donated! So if a father wants to take his kids in a boat it costs more than going to a Dbacks game? Sorry Mr $50,000 Ranger owner just voicing my opinion sounds like I offended you .
:shock:

·
Registered
530 Posts

mr 50,000!?!??!?!?!?!? haha maybe u dont know dewl very well he has a $500 gambler lol

·
Registered
804 Posts
Yeah just look up on craigslist they got alota ppl renting for 40-60 bux for a day or weekend, or you can dump less than a grand and get a small Deep V aluminum boat yourself and just put a 55-72lb TM on it unless it comes with an outboard if your fishin up the small lakes. Also cali is allot different than AZ but I know what you are talkin about the 25-40 bux to rent for 6-8 hours I did it with my friend who lived there for some bonita and mackerel.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I don't have a boat and I don't feel ripped off at all by those rental prices. Watch on here for people that are posting for backseaters, join a club and make a few friends and renting a boat no longer really becomes an issue.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I own a 14ft aluminum and have always used just a trolling motor. You want to play, you'll have to pay. Ask around, someone will take you out. Nothing wrong with shore fishing either.

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
cool goto CA and rent one, in 1982 was renting a tracker started ar 150 per day then went to something like 300 in about 3 years,, the guy had a fleet of them, coolest guy in the world e busted ass so people could rent boats, I got to know the guy pretty good, boats would come back trashed every weekend, broken skegs broken motors carpet ripped up, busted consols etc etc, HOw the **** do you break a tracker consol ( rip it right off the boat) .
Anyway the reason he QUIT renting them was liability insurance, hi insurance cost a ton of money every year.

you couldnt pay me to own a ranger,, there slugs on the water they look trashy and the guy who owns the company looks like a guy cowboy fom brokeback mountain :rolleyes:

I've owned some pretty trashy boats and liked everyone of them, I look at it this way, if it floats its good if it sits in a back lot its just as good and saving me a ton of money;)

in the late 70's I was paying $20 - $50 bucks a day to rent a row boat or canoe for the afternoon in washington state and never bitched about the price.

so 150 bucks in todays world is a drop in the bucket. you do know the motors on the back of boats cost 2-16 k right?
Besides DJ drops 150 bucks a day on male stripers and doesnt even bitch about it and he ended up buying a boat.

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
To each their own, you want to be on the lake, you pay the price. I've stopped at a few marina's in several different states and for $10. an hour you can get a 14' aluminum with 2 oars and a cinder block for an anchor. You want better you pay more.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Before I got my boat I used to only ninja fish. Would go around ponds near me or on weekends or when I didn't have school would go to plez and catch some nice 2-4lbs on top water. I don't use a boat for trout fishin just walk the shore and cast cast cast. Same with catfishin you don't need a boat. Whine all you want but just takin the boat you gata pay for gas and so forth still gana cost you money on top of the boat. All my friend did through college was ninja fish and nothin els, he went to every lake and pond in phoenix. Some people whine too much about prices, if you don't have the money don't go or find someone on here to take you there are so many that take back seaters.

·
Registered
558 Posts
shit i charge my backseater more than that!!!!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Call AZ outdoors - $125- 150 day for a new Tracker with 70 hp motor.

Call 602-400-2445 for availability. 2144 E. Indian School Rd. Phoenix, Arizona 8501

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
"So if a father wants to take his kids in a boat it costs more than going to a Dbacks game?"

Most of guys I know spend more than $50 on bait & lunch. So what is wrong with teaching kids if you want something you have to wait untill you can save the money you need. Take them to something you can afford.
Maybe you could buy a boat if you watched games on tv.

Delw I thought b4 the cajun you had a Ranger.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts