Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had free tix for the Show Wednesday and since I wanted to see a friend, Don Williams, give the first bass tank seminar at 3pm I struggled to get off work early. I got there in plenty of time. At 3pm Don gave his seminar with no bass in the tank! At 4pm Brett Hite was supposed to go but I never saw him. About 4 :15 they stocked trout in the bass tank - yep! They'd better get this corrected soon. FYI...Kile is supposed to go Saturday at 4pm.
Another typical disappointing boat show (for the fishermen). There was yet even less tackle stuff than ever before. Tempe Marine appeared the class of the fishing stuff. I hoisted my leg and peed on the Action Marine booth! :lol:

G

·
Bayou

I think you may be bias now that you own that new champ. I kind of thought those models on the houseboats were the class act. Now I know what that smell was when I waked past the tracker area. Are you sure the leg lift was the only thing you did.

2Dogs

·
Registered
766 Posts
I did a seminar at 7pm on Wed. and you could imagine the my jaw location when I went out and found trout! :(

Nothing like showing how to use WiredWorms for bass when the tank is full of trout.

Well I found out that the tout will take a grub. I guess I be discussing grub fishing. :D

I'll be back Friday night at 7pm and Saturday at 11am. (I think its 11)

Stop by and see me at Complete Marine

·
Registered
330 Posts
I was there to see Art Chamberlin at 6 PM. Art got the Trout to hit a grub too. I always learn something when I hear Art.
I ran into an old friend, Marv, that is running the Temple Bay Lodge booth, Eagle Lake , Ontario. They are offering $700 trip, air fare included from Phoenix. Leave July 22, return July 27.
Walleye, Northerns, Muskie, SMB. Lund boats, nice cabins, good food, great fishing.
If you can't make it to the show, I'll be showing their video at our Southwest Walleye Anglers meetings, tonight, Jan 15, 7:30 PM, 7200 E. University Dr., Mesa, AGFD and Tuesday, Jan20, 7:30 PM, 10625 N. Cave Creek Rd, (at Peoria) American Legion Club.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Guess that's why they call it a Boat Show. You used to be able to get some pretty decent deals on tackle in past years. I understand that they kinda priced the booth rent so high that the tackle shops couldn't make it cost effective to be there. The Sportsman's Expo (?) is next month at the Fair grounds. They have a little more tackle and a lot of hunting/fishing guides/camps.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I think he has room for several people, just depends on how the show goes. If you are interested I can email you his phone # Marv lives in Mesa. Phoenix is the only show that they are doing in the west. WWW.Templebay.com

G

·
AZWalleye, I checked out the Eagle lake website. Looks good to me, could I get that # from you. I went to Lake of the Woods a couple years ago and had a blast. Looking to take my wife this time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.