Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
cell phone, fire extinguisher, ventillation system, PFD's, half naked ladies, a boat plug, good swimmers,insurance, and half naked ladies.... did I win?

G

·
Okay,1. PFD's, 2. Fire extinguisher(in working order Delw), 3.Ventilation for bilge, 4.flame arrestor, 5. muffler. I would have said lights but that would apply only if operating the watercraft after dusk. What do we win?

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
  • PFD for each person on board
  • Fire Extinguisher
  • Throwable floatation device w/ lanyard
  • Sound making device audible at 2 miles
  • Donuts in case you get to meet the Lake Patrol

G

·
1. at least one properly -sized USCG approved type I, II or III PFD for each person on board

2. at least one USCG approved type IV PFD

3. at least one B-I type fire extinguisher

4. valid registration numbers and current annual decal

5. current registration

6. permanently attached HIN (2)

·
Premium Member
34,659 Posts
I knew about the fire extinisher(this has been buried into my head a few times) and the pfd's and throw cushion.

I assumed all boats with a motor had to have registration. whats the last one you posted DAZ (hin)?

Delw

G

·
Boat Cop said:
All motorized watercraft 16 foot and longer with an enclosed fuel tank are required to have these 5 items
I looked at it this way:

If it is a watercraft, then you must have PFDs for all on board (type I, II, or III)

If it is motorized, then it must be registered, have the current numbers and decal, and carry the current registration on board. To be registered, it must have a HIN.

If it is 16 feet or longer, then it must have a type IV throwable PFD

If it is motorized and has an enclosed fuel tank, then it must have a type B-I fire extinguisher.

IIRC, the requirements for noisemakers/signalling devices are USCG Regs for navigable waterways - not required under ARS or AZG&F Regs.

Daz :cool:

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry folks, i have worked about 52 hrs in the last 3 days at the prison and finally got to go home to shower and sleep. Tryin to unwind now so here is the answer.

1- current registration paper on board.
2- valid registration numbers on the boat
3- working fire extinguisher
4-USCG approved PFD for each occupant
5-Type 4 throwable PFD

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,813 Posts
Ahhh, Boat Cop I know how you feel....
Last time I worked 52 hours straight, I had sand in my crack, and had to take a shower in a leaky portable trailer that smelled like butt. The MRE's were pretty good though. Saudi was so much fun! :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.