Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

Boating quiz

3K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Boat Cop 
#1 ·
Folks, boat rookie stories are hard to come by in the winter so to keep you all thinking i will give out a boating question. Not your average everyday how do you start a boat question, but one that is a real law. what do you think?????????????

1st question) Every lake in the state of Arizona has a speed limit. What is it??????????

#6 ·
there really is no speed limit on our lakes in mph.There are restristions i.e no wake bouys,but basically you can run your boat as fast as you want as long as you are in controll of the boat.Now controll of the boat is the vague kicker .

#7 ·
I'll would like to tell you all what the Boater's Guide of Arizona says, By the way this is put out by Az Game and Fish.
Speed Restictions require the operator to maintain a proper speed while operating a vessel. Specifically, it is illegal to:
1. operate a vessel at speeds greater than are resonable or proper given the existing water and weather conditions.
2. exceed any posted speed limits.
3.operate a vessel at greater than wakeless speed in a posted no wake zone.
4. operate a vessel at speeds that may cause injury or damage to any other person, other vessel or property of others. This includes causing damage or danger from the wake of your vessel.

#10 ·
I know this has nothing to do with the ? But is there a noise restriction on the lake? Like those go fast boats with open headers ( i guess thats what you would call them) Someone that works for AZG&F and lives down the street from me told that they can take your boat away and lock it up.
Thanks BC

Joe C

#11 ·
Yes there is. it is 86db at 50 yards. It is very tough to enforce. You have to have a sound meter out and ready to go when the boat goes by and be able to guage at least 50 yards on the water. it is easier to get them for no baffles or failure to run water thru the headers. I can generally find at least 1 citation on a hog boat. they have to have all marine componets on the electrical system on the motor ie: starter, alternator etc. marine air filter or velocity pipes. Basically some type of flame arrestor system on the carb designed to shoot a flame away from the engine and away from the passenger compartment. As for seizure no. there has to be some kind of registration issues or major safety violations. I can kick them off of the lake for any minor safety issue. and if they say no, then they get there boat seized and a free ticket to jail.

#20 ·
After the last abf and montery tourny I need something to kill time, gets kinda boring standing on the front deck of the boat and not getting bit.

Delw

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.