Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'd like to see Muskie in Lake Pleasant! A big lake like that could support some big fish and they could eat up some of those dink stripers and result in bigger striped bass being caught too!

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Peacock bass and piranhas! Redtail catfish too! How about saltwater crocodiles to keep the lake lice at bay!

·
Registered
470 Posts
The best lakes would be some with large "flats" areas for spawning. Not so critical with tigers as they are sterile anyway.
I can see, from the information presented, why stripers are so hard on a trout fishery, they prefer the same temperatures. And get big enough to eat the trout.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Petition signed....love catching those things (saves me a trip to Canada)!

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Way to go douche. Now he is going to brag about how he got the zone on board with stocking muskies in lake pleasant.
Sweet! I'll go throw swimbaits at Pleasant for some Muskies :bow: Must go vote now :Iconrotfl

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Something does not sound right on that muskie post? I was up at NAU in 73 majoring in football and home away from home was Ruffs liquor in Flag and we were catching big northern pike in Upper Mary and Mormon as it had perineal water and everyone was bringing in the northerns for comparison on size etc. and there were some huge fish brought in. That would of been a big deal with people talking about it if it happened? and secondly I am almost positive g and f would not have planted threadfin shad in the lake as shad do not survive real cold water, and there were times there were 12" of solid ice on Mary and Mormon people drove their vehicles out on them so I don't think shad is possible. After the idiots have illegally transplanted northern pike all over the place I doubt g and f is going to be interested in bringing in another top predator to northern lakes? my personal opinion is if you want muskies and northerns etc. move back to where you came from and leave our fisheries alone.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Something does not sound right on that muskie post? I was up at NAU in 73 majoring in football and home away from home was Ruffs liquor in Flag and we were catching big northern pike in Upper Mary and Mormon as it had perineal water and everyone was bringing in the northerns for comparison on size etc. and there were some huge fish brought in. That would of been a big deal with people talking about it if it happened? and secondly I am almost positive g and f would not have planted threadfin shad in the lake as shad do not survive real cold water, and there were times there were 12" of solid ice on Mary and Mormon people drove their vehicles out on them so I don't think shad is possible. After the idiots have illegally transplanted northern pike all over the place I doubt g and f is going to be interested in bringing in another top predator to northern lakes? my personal opinion is if you want muskies and northerns etc. move back to where you came from and leave our fisheries alone.
Wow , with an attitude like that ^^^^ it's no wonder you're fishless . lol

1 - 20 of 146 Posts