Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously guys, (BTB, Lonely fisher dude, tracker kid, others)

1. Chill out with posting stuff. When I see that the last ten replies to every current thread were you, It's kinda ridiculous. Generally I save my posts for a report or advice that I really believe can be useful. I have been guilty of bs'ing or talking ish, but there is a line. So if you wanna argue and give each other shit, do it in a PM. For example when someone posts there's no reason to say "that's cool", or when you have advice or questions do NOT do it in multiple posts.
Example

Post 1: Cranks

Post 2: Craw color and ds

Post 3: When was the last time you were at lake ____________?

Improved version:

I usually use craw colored cranks, like DD22's or DT16. Sometimes the jointed rapalas are better. DS produces numbers at Lake X. If you need more info let me know.

It's simple guys, give your posts content. I'm not claiming to be perfect, because I have got out of line, or been proven wrong. But part of being a man is dealing with it, and accept it for what it is. They way some of your posts, it's easy to tell you're being disrespectful and such. Once again I've been guilty. But I've matured and will soon be 18 and you have to realize, everything you say can come back to you, and people judge you on it. People get the vibe that this generation is a bunch of stuck up phucking punks, and that's not the image anyone wants to portray.

2. The zone is a valuable source of info. I have been a member since 05' and have learned a great deal of things that have helped me catch bass, make new gear purchases, etc. If someone believes you are a punk with no manners, no one will give YOU advice. And trust me, YOU are the ones who need it. We're young and have caught a fraction of the fish some of the more experienced anglers have, so LISTEN UP. Drop the ego, become humble, take the sh*t out of your ears and mouth. I will guarantee you'll catch more fish this way. Respect is the key word here. There's a lot of potential of learning here so don't screw it up, if you want to fish seriously ten years from now and you're at a JACKAZ tournament and some guy Larry (champ) asks you if you were ever on the zone and you say ya I was that kid ______, that's not a good way to network or have friends in the outdoor community. Try to have a positive image.

3. Just use some common sense when you post and remember the consequences of your conduct. Oh don't take this post too seriously, but do consider it.

JMO, and in no way do I claim to be better than anyone on this board.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
you act like tyour better than us,well its sad to say but you are just as young as us,,dont try to bash on us,im getting my crap together but there is no way your going to tell me how to act over the net,if you really want to know what there biting on you can pm me,and ill help you with everyspec you know,in my opnion you dont like how i replyed to how there biting or what there biting on who gives a dmn,its the zone,i can act my age, and i will,

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
:gheyfight::gheyfight::gheyfight:

sorry guys had too..

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
youngtracker, while you mave a very valid point couldn't you call those guys out through a PM yourself?

·
Undergoing attitude adjustment
1,806 Posts
no he probably just wanted to start more drama to piss skeeter boy and lonley fisherman off even more to get them to talk more trash to get them kicked off truthfully i could care less of what he says or thinks hes not much older than me and he thinks he can call me a youngster what a chump.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Instead of you guys just getting a hard on, here's an alternative. Think about what he had to say and see if there's any merit to it.

Just a thought

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
...why?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Wow I've never seen little boys act like such little girls.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
yet they've gotten plenty of attention for doing so.

·
Registered
476 Posts
:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl DAMN Cocoa well said. I have seen some funny ass chit on this site but sometimes these kids are annoying as hell. Most of the time it's just fun BS but other times I just want to YELL STFU already.

·
Registered
225 Posts
There certainly is some merit to this post. Ultimately we are all here to talk about a shared love of the outdoors and to be among those who can appreciate our sport. I guarantee you younger guys can appreciate this as we all know hunting and fishing is growing less tolerable it seems in today’s society where the mere site of a dead animal draws out the PETA crowds and disgusted looks by many. Though it’s hard to tell those idiots we do more for conservation than they ever will; as a group we do understand this. As time continues and the years pass, support, or even tolerance for our sport is less and less. This is proven by statistics all the time.

That said, we need our “youth” to continue to pass along the tradition of sportsman. This is to say that you are responsible for the future of our sport. The way you carry yourself, speak and show respect for others and our environment shouts much louder than a foul mouth “punk” trying to look tough. Show your toughness, don’t tell me about it. Show me a guy with common sense and level head who is well spoken with a respect for everyone, and I will show you a man who I can trust and respect.

In the end, people are not on this board trying to stifle you. It is also not to say you can’t get the proverbial potato chip up the ass and bust on someone as long as it is done in comedy and good intentions. Shit, we are guys, trash talking affirms admiration for each other, but there is line. Also keep in mind that your sport of choice houses real men, who are not going to tolerate the spike coming into the meadow doing anything with his cows other than assuming the correct role of said spike. So, he may get a royal tine right up the ass to remind him of his place. There is a reason the big bull is in the tree line and the remaining herd in the open. In time the respect will come; but I can guarantee a hormone driven juvenile who tries to flex the muscles looking for a fight will only draw a good laugh and send you the opposite direction.

It’s funny, my 16 year old nephew was just out and talking to me about girls. The best advice I gave him was to leave all the tough guy locker room crap and one liners in the locker room and use your brain to get the girls. I don’t mean be Einstein, but you don’t go running after that 7x7 bull you just glassed with the wind at your back. Just sit down, think about it and improve your success by using that noggin… Girls will fall for smooth over toughness every time, and at some point you will understand what truly makes a man. Same applies here; more will listen when you are intelligible and give consideration to the best way to get your point across…

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
It’s funny, my 16 year old nephew was just out and talking to me about girls. The best advice I gave him was to leave all the tough guy locker room crap and one liners in the locker room and use your brain to get the girls. I don’t mean be Einstein, but you don’t go running after that 7x7 bull you just glassed with the wind at your back. Just sit down, think about it and improve your success by using that noggin… Girls will fall for smooth over toughness every time, and at some point you will understand what truly makes a man. Same applies here; more will listen when you are intelligible and give consideration to the best way to get your point across…

Did remind him to wear a rain coat???? It's slippery out there!:eek: Same to all you boys, dont forget your jimmy! Thats more important than fishin.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thank you, BP Rescue ! THAT is one super post! Love the analogy. Just hope it doesn't fly too high over some heads. I can just see some kid scratching his head and wondering WTF a 7x7 is. Like is that,, "some kinda big ass truck?"

O.C.

www.wildharebaits.com

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Dood, WTF b wrng w/ txtng? LOL

Sum idots cn tlk init real gud!

I think I just threw an aneurysm while trying to emulate the speech patterns of our modern youth. An unholy alliance of text messaging and white suburban kid Ebonics - somewhere at this very moment, Bill Cosby is crying.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts