AZBZ Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fish I caught hit as soon as the thing hit the water and before I actually got to start the thing going for the buzz action....I wonder if anyone has tried a decent size spinnerbait....maybe it would be the same result....anyone try any spinnerbaits lately?

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
That happened to me on a buzz fish yesterday, too. I had the fish on for about a 5 count and she slipped off. I have previously experienced the same with spinnerbaits. I never threw the spinnerbait yesterday although I was thinking about tying it on. I had a blue gill with an attitude swallow my spinnerbait at Canyon Wed.

·
Registered
911 Posts
spinnerbaits

Magic, I have caught at least one fish on a spinnerbait over my last few trips. I throw one all year long. I don't throw a buzzbait too often, I think they got on a pole once this year. A spinnerbait can be used to fish a variety of depths. Slow rolling along the bottom to running it on the surface by raising the rod tip and speeding up the retrieve. When throwing around cover, it seems like most strikes come when the bait hits the water or on the first few cranks of the reel. I bounce between 3/8 and 1/2 oz baits depending on the surrounding structure and the fall rate that I want. Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts