Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a strange question but what color(s) is good for a buzzbait on saguaro? What is the appropriate size, weight, or any other specifications? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
Yamamoto white or smoke skirt as standard (chrome blade). Overcast or cloudy (low light)try chartreuse. I prefer a 3/8 oz.
LunkerLure also makes some good ones.

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Bassblaster....if you are looking for a nice buzzbait, check out hurricoma or SOB (search hurricoma lures or SOB baits on yahoo)
but keep it a secret!
Jason

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Most everything I know about buzzbaits I learned from the BuzzBait King, 2Dogs! 8) You won't go wrong with the Yamamoto chrome blade, white skirt. Buy some Gammy trailer hooks and add one to your buzzbaits.

Make multiple casts to "fishy looking" spots, corners of pockets, big submerged boulders, etc.,. Sometimes you need to tick the big fellas off before they hit it. Stick with it and you'll have success!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Sam, I also like the Yamamoto with chrome blades and white/smoke skirt. And like Denny said, put a trailer hook on it (I use Gamakatsu). You can call Waterdog's and ask if they carry them or not, but if they don't, Yamamoto has their store on University just west of Price. If you're not sure how to put the trailer hook on, let me know and I'll show you the next time I see you at Saguaro.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone, seems like I should try Yamamoto buzzbaits. I’ll give it a try with the colors that where talked about above. Thanks again, you all were a great help

Sam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts