Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Nope wasnt set up by ghostposter, not his style err well maybe it is but he would leave his name(that I know for sure)

Delw.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Guest Dude, Got a great site for you to post on, AZ BASS PRO. they welcome ghost posters who like to stir the shit pot.
If you would take the time to read the title of this site you would see it is a fishing chat and tournament info site. This is not a step by step tutorial on how, when, where and with what to fish with. Game and Fish has that site. If a person asks what to catch fish on they will be answered. if it is a regular poster on this site that asks the question they will get some ribbing, it is all in fun.
I spend over 40 hours a week on the water. i have personally taken people to fishing spots and showed them how to fish after i talked to them and found out they had not caught a thing. I work hard to find that special fishing hole or hunting spot and i do not want it over run. I will tell you the area they are in and what to use, but you got to put in the leg work. If you want something bad enough you will do some research, this aint welfare.

And Delw, I got my MOJO back. The scatter gun is shootin true now.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Mr. guest Donator

Hi Mr Guest,
I read in your post that you use to be a tournament angler. You are right about the mention of fun. Thats why you fun fish or mess around fish. Now lets talk tournament fishing. time eight hours meaning that set amount of time you have to catch the heavest weight. I don't believe you were ever a winning angler.Here are my reasons. (1) you worry about what your fellow anglers are doing,(2) Bad attitude,(3) no concept of what competition fishing is. (4) a quitter.I believe that you attempted tournament angling after watching the bassmasters on T.V.,thought it looked like fun,and had your butt handed to you a couple of times. Then found out that you can't fish competitively, realized that you really are a donator and have decided to release your failure as a bassangler on us. Heres my idea on teaching people how to bass fish once they are a little past novice. If you are stumbling out on the water and you come up and ask me for help,here's what I'll do for you I'll give you the pattern that the fish are on. Thats it !!!! That should be all the info anybody needs. Bass can be caught with so many lures on one pattern that it is a moot point. Now lets address your statement about a good angler and a great angler. Again your showing your lack of knowledge,The difference is a great angler can pick locations after looking at a map,put his boat in the water and after minor adjustments have a pattern and start locating and catching fish.A normal angler puts his boat in the water stumbles around the lake and starts pounding the bank. most anglers put there electronics on auto and thats where they stay. Go look in pros boats.Gee whiz guest... none of them on auto. In any case going to the lake to fun fish once in awhile for the average joe is great the banks hold fish at all times. But start asking colors, depths, speed of retrieves, locations,and what color my underwear are. is just a insult to themselfs. Many tournament anglers have lost there starting spots by having fun fishermen sitting on them jerking fish on tournament day. So you see my Guest friend,It can also be fun finding your OWN spots,trying your own lures, catching your own fish,and learning something on your own. Then when you come off the water you can think I did pretty good today on my OWN and learned something too. Oh by the way.... I paid off my house and my Gambler with my winnings. Good lord my little guest friend, what were you thinking being so stern with us ? theres alot of good magazines and videos out there that can teach people how to catch fish but you still have to apply it to the waters YOUR on. Also theres a bassfishing school in January in Glendale AZ. open to the public $99.00 registation fee.
See you on the water,
Darryl

G

·
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thank You for saying what you did Darrel because as a person who sales baits I cannot in good faith say that it is my mindset that guest is mad because he never figured the fish out and during that time he was getting madder and madder because nobody told him what the winning weight was caught on and if he had figured them out do you realy think he would tell them others while standing on the stage or trailer steps "yeah guys I caught them on a purple geewhiz in 1ft of water during Dec. " (NOT!!!) he would fiddle around and come close to saying what he realy was using. He would realy be what Boat Cop is used to " truthfull but not all the way truthfull"

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I don't know about giving away Rico's(sorry Del). but I have given people lures when they were having a hard time and I have seen others from this site do that as well, I also have recieved lures and tips from some of these guy's. I do not usually post much helpful info because I am a "for fun" fisherman and am not really very knowledgable about what Rod to use for what etc.. if I think I can help I will post and then usually get blown out of the water by someone who knows more which is just about anybody that post's here :lol: . But I always post my name!So Jason when you c-rig that Rico how much leader do you use? :lol: And by the way I tend to agree with most of the previous answers.

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Ned, I DROPSHOT them rico's! I C rig the Zara spooks! Oops, this is another usless post! :lol: I think its funny this guest hasn't responded. My response is, I may be holding tight to what Im doing these days, but shoot, Im out there in 58 degree water, in a damn float tube in the middle of the lake at 650AM...if I get on fish, I feel I worked hard for them and dont really have to tell anyone Jack if I dont wanna. :p But Im not like that...shoot, ask Slotking. I PM'ed him a mini book about what I learned on Bartlett so far :lol:
see....I share sometimes!
Jason

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
So Jason share with us all on what you learned at Bartlett this year? Let me guess Bartlett loves Franklins wired worms, the fishing is hot inside the rattlesnake no boat area, Toothless women love float tubers, and you have come up with a mathmatical equasion on the shrinkage factor? Am I getting close...oh and the shaggy spinnerbait is unbeatable..unless you use the scooby shot with a 1-ton sliding sinker right?

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Flip, you got it all backwards. For you, I would say sit in your boat, in the parking lot, and cast out! You will do just as good as you would if you went on the water, from what Ive heard :lol: .....dont hate on the Jinkies spinnerbait, if I ever see you I will give you one, but you gotta C rig it!

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
What I want to know is why (guest) has not replyed.
I'm new to this site almost a year now & have meet some of the people who post. Who are nice folks.Some of them have given me baits to use at certian lakes & were on the lake to use them. I have just this year started fishing Sag & Canyon they are great lakes to fish. But the way I look at it you need to learn the lake yourself before you go asking people for help. So that when someone might be having a rough time you can help them. I have e-mailed one of the guides that fish these lakes for a living and he was more than happy to give me some suggestions. I don't want a free ride I want to learn how to fish better. I have fished 2 tourneys this year and have learned i'm not ready to compete yet. So I go almost every weekend to learn as much as I can. So if you see me on the lake ask and I will tell you what I can. This site has helped me along with the people who post. So if you don't like the awnsers your getting or not getting Go Away

Joe C

·
Registered
518 Posts
I had something important to say on this subject :shock: but danm after reading all the books that everyone else posted I forgot what the original question was :lol: hell I even forgot how to work a Rico or buzz-bait correctly :p well back to the lake as much as possible and reading this board for lots of great info and anoccasional laugh

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Well gaaaaaaawwwly! I've been so busy I'm late on getting to read this thread! :lol: Hey Guest, I know very little about fishing but that never stops me from posting! :wink: I'll tell you what Sir Guest, I became interested in fishing nearly 2 years ago now. I started out reading the board after Rippinlips told me about it (so everyone now knows who to blame :twisted: ). The more I read everyone's posts, the more I wanted to give it a shot! Didn't have a boat at the time but I was looking for something I could do during the summer vacation with the kiddos. I would get them up at 4am, go to the river or Tempe Town lake and still get to work at a decent hour. I very much enjoyed my fishing time and the time with the kids. Nothing like them leaning up against you with our lines in the water and them spurting out "I love you mom"! I know, I know, just bring tears to your eyes, doesn't it? :lol: By that September I had convinced my better half to invest in a boat - purple even! Since those 1st few times out, fishing has me "hook, line and sinker". Got the boat and got to the lake sporadically but took awhile to get some fish, learn the boat and such. NOW I can't get enough ( of the lake, that is) and try to get out a couple times a week. I am learning Saguaro. And as Darryl pointed out, I am having a blast reading my graph and trying "new" locations on my own. All the information these folks can give you does NOTHING until you get your butt to the lake and try it out, modify it here and there, etc. I am pathetically addicted. Now you're probably rolling your eyes and wondering what the heck was that story all about.

Well, here is the point. I owe EVERYTHING to these folks! If it wasn't for them and their "passion" for fishing (and throwing a log on the fire here and there), I would probably have never had the desire to try it. I wouldn't have a boat. I could say I wouldn't have caught fish but I'm still working on the catching part. :lol: I would have lost out on many new friendships. These fisherfolk have given me tons of encouragment, taught me so much and given me motivation to get my butt out there and learn to do it on my own! From backing the trailer (ya, some of you remember the early days!), launching, fishing and trailering they have been free with their information and their jokes. Now I have the freedom of going to the lake whenever I want and not have to wait for someone to take me! I found a place that frankly, gives me a whole lot of peace. Nothing quite like being at the lake. It soothes what ails you and gives you a place to celebrate life.

So THANK YOU everyone for all you have done for me! :wink:

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Nightcrawler's got a great point. If I had made an earlier post to this subject that would have mostly been the same exact thing I would have said. I owe it all to these guys. The've tought me baits, given me baits, tought me to read my electronics, tought me new techniques, helped me with rods, taken me fishing when my Dad couldn't go, and the best part of everything is I've made friends on this board, of all ages even though I'm only 15.
Some of the stuff has come from posts, some on the water, and some on the phone. I'm still a beginner at all of this, but if you would have talked to me at this time last year and then again this year, you'd know the effect these guys have had on me (of course for the better). Thanks everyone for being so great and I'll see you on on the water! Josh

G

·
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Ummmmmmmm....lick my scrotum. Enjoy it. A shitstorm is coming. Wear a rain suit. The flak might hurt. Mayday! Mayday? I give up...you win....you really win this time. Nocturnally adjust your pie-hole to my seminiferous tubules. Afterwards, enjoy the ambition of the ammunition of the sky rocket in flight. Okay, I went overboard again. Sue me. Damn it...damn it...damn it...damn it! Okay great, I have Turret's syndrome from this site! I am suing....[/b]

·
Registered
175 Posts
Dream Dream Dream Nightmare

Your like a teacher without a job_____________
NO CLASS !!!!!!!
Think Dummy...... Kids are on here too.
Your Right about the S--T storm coming. It would be me if I ever find out who you are and meet you. I drive a white 209 Gambler with a burgundy stripe.
Times a wasting,
Darryl

G

·
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Dream Dream Dream Dream.

Now that was real intelligent wasnt it, One thing your forgot is I know who you are :wink:

Admin

·
Registered
73 Posts
Dream Dream Dream Dream and Guest, I don't know if you are the same person or not but you need to grow up and get a life. No one is asking for you to be here. This is a great discussion board and among the chit chat there is a lot of advice and tips swapped on this site. There are some great people and great friendships here. What do you hope to accomplish by complaining? If you want some specific information ask a specific question. There are a lot of guys here that will give you information. They have a right not to tell you every little detail although some of them might. As far as secret baits...who cares if they won't tell. If you ask 10 different fishermen what their goto bait is you are likely to get 10 different answers. Dream Dream Dream Dream, what the heck was that all about? There's no reason to act like a moron. If you don't like what goes on here please don't come back.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
bad message

Looking at the time and attitude of Dream Dream's post (3:44 am), I'm guessing he may have been drunk when he wrote it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Me first!!!!!!!!

admin said:
Dream Dream Dream Dream.

Now that was real intelligent wasnt it, One thing your forgot is I know who you are :wink:

Admin
Hey Delw. You say you know who that is. Is that the same guy I ran into in Pipeline at the D.A.R.E. Tourney in Oct? The way he talks when there's kids present sounds like him. If it is, let ME know. I want him first! :evil:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Wow.

At least this response shows that Guest was a complete idiot in the first place and I wasted my time typing a response. I vote we cease all responses to this mental midget's postings.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Tournament Fishing

Tournament Fishing for you new guys or rookies. Most al tournament that guys do good in Isaye 10th or higher Have inside Info on spots orbaits. Iwould say 80% of all tournaments Bass,Flw,Won,Eversart etc.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts