Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of the Zoners tent camp at Roosevelt this time of year? If so, is the heat unbearable during the day?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Find some place close to the water on the west side of the lake that provides some shade. just get wet and make your own swamp cooler!

·
Registered
611 Posts
September is the transition month between summer and autumn so it can go either way. If the high temps are over 90 it's no-go for me. The mornings and evenings are great but the afternoons can be..........exquisite.

·
Registered
172 Posts
It sucked balls the last weekend of August. Keep and eye on the forecast and pick a weekend where it's not getting over 100 dregrees.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Late last week got done fishing mid-afternoon & got back to Cholla ramp & there was a guy standing about chest deep in the water on the ramp reading a magazine. Said he was camping and just needed to cool down a little.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's all I need to hear FrankL, I'm not going camping until it is much cooler. I'm usually off the water around 10:30am or 11:00am this time of year because it is starting to get too hot. I should have known better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts