Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
driving to work today north on the 101 coming up on thunderbird a highway patrol vehicle was swerving back and forth through all lanes of the freeway in a "S" pattern slowing down traffic to about 40-45 mph. he did this all the till about union hills. in that 2 exit stretch i passed numerous other highway patrol cars and peoria pd cars. counted atleast 10, and a peoria pd van. at about union hills the truck that had been swerving back and forth just pulled off to the right and let everyone pass him? this made no sense to me at all. also, i have never seen that many cops at one time other than when the super bowl was here. odd?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I've seen this b4. once when they brought a big transformer for srp and the other time was for a funeral. They need to slow trafic down untill the obstruction clears the road.

·
Registered
193 Posts
DPS

Yea, they probably had to slow up traffic for an accident ahead. Maybe there was something in the road ahead that needed to be cleaned up as well...many different reasons.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i didnt see anything wrong ahead, that was the only thing. no accident or debris in the road. traffic wasnt backed up ahead of where i was at.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Called a traffic break and used to give the ones ahead some time to move a disabled vehicle or remove debris without stopping traffic entirely.

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Speaking of felony stops I saw the coolest ones ever driving down cactus one day, in the mid 80's, I was sitting on the light at 51st ave and cactus, I was 2 cars behind the stoplight. I swear that had the stoplight rigged.

every single car except mine and the one 2 cars ahead piled out with guns and vests on.
there had to be 5-7 cars and trucks in that bunch and 10-15 undercover cops. cops on the car in front of the car and all the way around the car, the cops on the roof of the car had guns pointed right into the roof it was pretty wild.
the whole show took like 2-3 mins if that, then traffic was flowing normal again.

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
I had the white truck with a work box and flashing lights weave back and forth on the 101. He was just slowing down traffic because he looked at me and raised is hand up and then down to tell me to back off. When the flow was slower he took off. I saw him the next day giving a ticket out so look for white work trucks in the rearview mirror.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Like Losta Luck said its called a traffic break and is desighned to slow down traffic or stop it all together on the freeway.

As for why they were doing it who knows. probably a felony stop wjth all the officers you saw there

1 - 11 of 11 Posts