Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my usual haunt is Canyon Lake. I've been fishing it for years and I usually fish with soft plastics. I'm generally drop shotting and TR'ing. Sometimes I pitch TR'd hula grubs and stuff like that. During the day I usually use watermelon type colors and then switch to black at night. I do ok I suppose, and I know Canyon is a tough lake to fish, but I'm starting to wonder if maybe I could be doing something better or different that might help catch a few more fish. Right now I call it a good day if I catch two or three fish of any size! ;-)

I was just wondering what some of you other Canyon regulars are using both bait and color wise, day and night. As well, I've never ever had any luck with crank baits at Canyon (or any other lake for that matter.) Anyone out there who has good luck with cranks have any tips for me? I'd like to start trying some at Canyon but I have no confidence with hard plastics. Not really sure on proper techniques for hard baits either. What do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I have always thrown Red Shad or Black 10" T-rigged works at night and mostly jerkbaits during the day. Havent been there in a few years. Summer nights w/full moon are killer big fish nights!

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Hojo, Use 1oz white double willows with large blades(silver) when it gets colder around big chunk rock. Try the chunks left of the dam entrance for starters. Slow roll and have confidence!! Hang on...Ron Ps use at least 20 pound clear line..

·
Registered
839 Posts
BIG CHUNK? I KNOW WHERE TEDDY BEAR(I THINK THATS WHAT ITS CALLED) AND BEER CAN ARE...WHERE IS CHUNK ROCK? I HAVE A HELL OF A TIME FISHING CANYON ALSO. BEEN FISHING IT FOR ABOUT 5 YEARS AND MY BIGGEST IS MAYBE 4. I KNOW FOR CERTAIN IVE CAUGHT A 3.2 OUTTA THERE, BUT 1 BIGGER ONE I DIDNT WEIGH(MAYBE 4LBS).

LONG SHOT, I KNOW, BUT DOES ANYONE HAVE PICS OF CANYON WHEN IT WAS DRAINED TO SHARE???

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
canyon pics..

Here are a few of the main lake.. I literally have way too many pics to post. Pics wont go through!!! Sorry

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Hey guys, I spend every extra minute I got on the water. I am not a computer geek. I have alot of pics of canyon drained ect.. Unfortunately I dont even know what a PHOTO BUCKET is !!!

·
Registered
448 Posts
I might go out to canyon fri. morn havn't been there in a while but you got me going

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Hey guys, I spend every extra minute I got on the water. I am not a computer geek. I have alot of pics of canyon drained ect.. Unfortunately I dont even know what a PHOTO BUCKET is !!!
http://photobucket.com/

You just create an account, much like you did here, and then you upload the photos from your computer to their website. Once they are on the photobucket site you can paste the link here and everyone can see them.

The photos are digital images right? Not actual paper photos?

·
Registered
50 Posts
ive been to Canyon 4 times is September and did really well with shallow cranks in shad pattern. got a 7.23 a 5.55 and several in the 2-4 lb range. you may go a while between bites but keep throwing it and eventually you will find a few spots with a few fish. Hope that helps, did well flipping the canyon walls too.

Jayson

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
ive been to Canyon 4 times is September and did really well with shallow cranks in shad pattern. got a 7.23 a 5.55 and several in the 2-4 lb range. you may go a while between bites but keep throwing it and eventually you will find a few spots with a few fish. Hope that helps, did well flipping the canyon walls too.

Jayson
what kind of boat?lets see some pics of them hogs!:biggrin:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts