Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are going to Canyon Lake for the first time (ever) on the 18, 19 and 20th of August. We have a room reserved in Apache Junction and big old deck boat, so we can fish all day or all night. Any recommendations anyone might have on fishing this lake this time of year would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, George.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Fishing Canyon.

Do you have an electic trolling motor? I'm not sure what a deck baot is.

For bass.
If you have a trolling motor, get yourself some WiredWorms at your local pro shop. Get you boat right next to the walls at Canyon. Look for pockets, boulders and cracks in the rock and cast the WiredWorms right up to where the rock meets the water. Let it drop until it hits bottom or down at least 20 feet.

Fishing at night get a black light and florscent line, again hit the pro shop. If your fishing day, the fish will be deeper. In the evening fish WiredWorm but in the morning real early, switch to topwater baits.

www.wiredworms.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Fishing Canyon.

conquistador said:
Do you have an electic trolling motor? I'm not sure what a deck baot is.

For bass.
If you have a trolling motor, get yourself some WiredWorms at your local pro shop. Get you boat right next to the walls at Canyon. Look for pockets, boulders and cracks in the rock and cast the WiredWorms right up to where the rock meets the water. Let it drop until it hits bottom or down at least 20 feet.

Fishing at night get a black light and florscent line, again hit the pro shop. If your fishing day, the fish will be deeper. In the evening fish WiredWorm but in the morning real early, switch to topwater baits.
Thanks for the suggestions. Yes I have a trolling motor. A deck boat is like a bass boat on steroids (or a pontoon boat w/ a v-hull). What's the difference between a wired worm and a pressure bite worm and what colors work at Canyon? Thanks again
www.wiredworms.com

·
Registered
766 Posts
For George and Guest Questions

WiredWorms are like PresureBite and Westy worm in the fact they are darter head worms with stinger hooks. Other than that WiredWorms have better hooks, better design, better construction and better colors. They cost more but you pay for quality.

All our colors are good. At night people fish their confidence colors. I like Baby Bass & Baby Smallmouth and Blue Plum or Havasu Special.

I offer sales on the web site at different times of the year and often post the sales to this site. If you are a customer of the web site I also email special offers to customers. If you buy over $60 dollars you get free shipping anytime.

http://www.wiredworms.com

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
I like them for a few reasons better color selection even though I only use one color in both westys and wired.

The hooks are 10x better.
I still find my self cutting the back hook off, but that is just because of where/what I fish in.
Fish dont come unhooked like westy's, no matter how hard you try . :wink:

I tried to unhook this one cause I thought it was a cat, it just didn't come unhooked

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts