Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy cow, where did the bass go? I had a wonderful day on Canyon Lake today with my friend Howard Harris. We also saw both Bill and Jim, and both of their hot new boats. Catching bass was a different story. Howard caught four small ones, while I got skunked. Early on we did see two guys boat a nice bass, but we simply could not get them to bite? At one desperate point, we were actually vertically spooning a hump at 109'? Can someone teach me to golf? Good luck.....Joe

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
Wow, I never thought boating one mere fish (2lb.,14oz. smallie)would be encouraging! I, too, had a great time visiting with Howard, Rippinlips, Joe O., and Gary "GetTheNet". You guys are some wonderful individuals! Gary slammed 4 smallies today - WTG! Also saw SlotKing blur by upriver!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Well our day was pretty good considering :)WE got on the water about 7:30 I ended up with 5 smalls for 11.2 lbs and 2 that were just under 3lbs. After hearing Bob complain about me tossing the secret lure I gave in and handed him my rod and watched him hook into an easy 3 lber and he horsed it to much and broke him off at the boat. :evil: :evil: We did talk with Bayou, Rippinlips, Slotking and JR (looked like a Champion convention out there) Looked for Howard and Joe but did'nt see them and headed home about 11:30

Oh yea, we saw a couple of bighorns and a grey fox :shock:

·
Registered
302 Posts
I am going to hire you guys to teach me how to catch fish on that Canyon Lake. My brother and I get smoked almost every time we go there. Before my boat came along, we used to fish out of our tubes, mostly back in Boulder Cove. We'd always catch 2 or 3 decent LM. Now that we have a boat with all the gadgets/gizmos + the ability to go anywhere on the lake: zero/zip - we must stink... :( :roll:

Anyway, it is always encouraging to read about someone knowing where and how to get 'em.

I'll see you out there,

DigDug

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.