Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were able to get back to Canyon yesterday, and we did better. We never caught a bass over 2 1/2lbs, but we did catch 14 solid smallies. On Sunday we basically tried power fishing, which did not work for us at all. Yesterday, all we did was work shallow rubble rock with light action spinning rods and 4-6lb line. We caught eight on an 1/8 oz spinner, and five on a 1/4 oz jig with a small number 101 pork trailer. We never caught a fish deeper than 8', and we never caught a largemouth either. Good luck.....Joe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that makes me feel better. This lake can fish so different from week to week. A couple weeks ago, we were nailing good fish on heavy jigs and soft jerkbaits, but that bite for us has died, and the fish are still where they were? If I can ever find someone to make me the tailspinner mold I want, I think you could catch 50 bass a day there on it. We also were on good bass fishing sinking crankbaits on both Canyon and Apache, but we have lost that bite also? Have a nice week.....Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.