Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on fishing it Friday. Beautiful lake. I have not been there in the past 5 years and have no recollection of tagging noteworthy bass. Any fish? Should I save the drive time and fish Bart or Sag?

OTF:)

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have a partner who fishes Canyon almost exclusively. His last time out (in May) they caught LMB, SMB, crappie, channel and flathead cats.Don't know how many of each they caught though.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
id go there is fish in there.better qualitly than sag.try shad flys.in and arond reeds.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Bass are mostly in the main lake (marina shoreline and points) and under trees in the river on carolina-lizards and texas rigged roboworms (morning dawn). However, if your interested, we have been going way up in the river and targeting some of the trout...last time we went caught some really nice 3+lb'rs. All caught on jerk baits and white cranks.... couldn't keep them off our hooks

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
less lake lice there than at sag. or bart. though some times i wonder??? then you tell yourself if it is bad , it can only be worse at the other lakes. that makes you feel better then. my avatar is a 6+ taken from there a bit back but this year. good quality at canyon but sag has more for numbers.some quality there too but better chance of toad at canyon good luck and tell us how you did

1 - 6 of 6 Posts