Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished canyon today started fishing at 2:00 pm. caught a 14 inch fish on my first cast on a morning dawn robo worm, along the cliff wall in the main channal on the west side of the lake. I caught 17 total one went 4.5 and another almost 6. left the lake at 8:00 trolling moter battery went dead.the picture on my avater is one of the bigger fish I caught today.I had to work the worm real slow to get a bite (drop shoot).tried cranking a strike king sexy shad colered lip bait but nothing not even a single hit. was a good worm bite and a peaceful fun day just fishing 4 fun.:lol:

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
fished canyon today started fishing at 2:00 pm. caught a 14 inch fish on my first cast on a morning dawn robo worm, along the cliff wall in the main channal on the west side of the lake. I caught 17 total one went 4.5 and another almost 6. left the lake at 8:00 trolling moter battery went dead.the picture on my avater is one of the bigger fish I caught today.I had to work the worm real slow to get a bite (drop shoot).tried cranking a strike king sexy shad colered lip bait but nothing not even a single hit. was a good worm bite and a peaceful fun day just fishing 4 fun.:lol:
Nice job on the catch!:biggrin:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you. im heading back up on friday morning. I will post how I do later.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Nice job. Canyon can be tough at times. Did you only fish the main lake?

·
Registered
13 Posts
NO I FISHED ALL DOWN THE MAIN CHANNAL HEADING BACK TOWARD THE BACK OF THE LAKE.THE NORTHSHORE ALONG THE BANK BY THE DAM ABOVE SAGUARO HOLDS GOOD FISH ALSO. ROBO WORMS ARE MY FAVORITE BUT TO DAMB SOFT THE BLUEGILL EAT THEM LIKE CANDY .ANYBODY EVER FISHED WITH SOMETHING A LITTLE TOUGHER THEN ROBOS AND HAD GOOD LUCK?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I like to throw Hula grubs on shakey heads @ Canyon. Swimbaits @ Canyon are my #1 bait. Ive stuck over 40 fish all over 8 pounds @ Canyon on my swimbaits and huds. My PB 14.2 can out of Canyon three years ago. there is also a topwater bite but you have to have BIG topwater baits to get them to eat I make a super oversized copy of a zara spook and kill em on it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
No Doubt Canyon lake is coming back. You can Thank Terry and the efforts of MBC and others. The size is not back yet but the future looks bright.

AzBassChamp

Yup Canyon has been good...

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
NO I FISHED ALL DOWN THE MAIN CHANNAL HEADING BACK TOWARD THE BACK OF THE LAKE.THE NORTHSHORE ALONG THE BANK BY THE DAM ABOVE SAGUARO HOLDS GOOD FISH ALSO. ROBO WORMS ARE MY FAVORITE BUT TO DAMB SOFT THE BLUEGILL EAT THEM LIKE CANDY .ANYBODY EVER FISHED WITH SOMETHING A LITTLE TOUGHER THEN ROBOS AND HAD GOOD LUCK?
Is your last name Cornwell?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes my last name is cornwell. my husband is billy cornwell he is fishing4fun.he accidently posted under my name awhile ago shame on him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts