Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Hang in there Bill, this is the toughest time of the year to catch fish on canyon, another two months it should be like it was two springs ago and you'll be rippin there lips off with your secret rippin bait. Your just practicing for the onslaught.

2dogs

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Yeah we had a rough day! Bayou and I did not get a hit all day however towards the end of the day we saw a bobcat on the edge of the water. We watched it for a good 25min. got a few pics. Today was the first time Ive been out in a month... I think I forgot what a fish at the end of my line feels like :cry: Maybe next time. good to see everyone at the lake today.

·
Registered
8,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, Josh, WTG on the 4.10! :lol:

I forgot about the Bobcat. That was really, really cool to be able to basically study the fellow for so long. What an absolutely beautiful creature. I had to restrain Fishin3 from tryin to land a spoon on it! We were desperate to catch anything! :roll:

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
I still think that when Jim's around the fish are near. Had 1 bite before we saw Jim and had 3 in about 2 mins as he came towards us. I fished with a gentleman who doesnt fish for bass only trout. We had great conversation but only 1 fish (4.51lb Smallie :shock: ) hit a DS in about 2' of water at beer can. Saw a lot of action on the graph in about 30' but no takers. beautiful day on the water with great company. Nice to see everyone and we saw DigDoug too but he blew us off to go talk to Jim. :p good catch Josh!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hey guys,

Great meeting Rippinlips (Jim) / Josh and also Bayou quickly. I will make a point to put my stick down next time I see you guys out there. We had a rough and tough day. Fished from 8:30 AM to 5:30 with NADA :oops: :oops:

My brother and I get so possessed with catching one fish.....you guys know the rest I'm sure.

Anyway, we did learn something / see something very cool at the end of the day: We were throwing swimbaits back by the main marina and saw a couple (or maybe it was the same) 7-8" trout swimming at the surface. We were talking to a guy who was with his two boys and all of a sudden we saw these fish streaking and zigzagging extremely FAST, eventually along the wall there by the marina! It was about a 4-5 lb. bass chasing that trout. Never did get him though. We sat there and watched this little trout huffin' and puffin' on a little cliff edge lip in about 3" of water that overlooked a drop into about 15'. Kept throwing our swimbaits but to no avail. Great show though!!! :D

That definitely put our confidence back about the swimbaits and the belief that there are fish in Canyon :p

DigDug

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.