Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i hit the water at 6 this morning. finally got into some topwater and first fish of the day was a beautiful smallie. got some more topwater round noon- 1pm time. rest of fish came off drop shot and jigs. lost a couple and had one break off. good day over all. got 13 total with biggest going 3.03. most came about 15-25ft. few shallower and couple deeper. off by 2:30. wind sucked

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Nice job man. sounds like canyon is on the up swing

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes and yes. skeeter, looks like i may be going tomorrow afternoon as well, but i will see. my front graph stopped working for some reason and gotta try to fig it out. dont wanna sell it not working. i will call you if i do

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
yes and yes. skeeter, looks like i may be going tomorrow afternoon as well, but i will see. my front graph stopped working for some reason and gotta try to fig it out. dont wanna sell it not working. i will call you if i do
im hittn sag early and maybie coming back to canyon early sun,that spot anygood for topwater?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
didnt get bit at all there but, my graph wasnt working to stay in the depth i wanted. i would have to go to my back graph to check.lol running back and forth in the wind made for a lot of work, so i moved. was hitting shady sides of rocks just skippin from cut to cut through the canyon. seemed if there was fish though that i would get 2 or 3 bites and gone. so if you got em good and if not move on. later in the day right before i left. i snagged up shallow and went to get it out, there was about a 2 lber and a few smaller ones in less than 5 ft just hovering round my lure and even with the clarity and my presense they didnt really seem to be bothered. slow to leave, almost like they are when they are on beds. it was weird

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
going tomorrow afternoon. hit steeper banks. cuts with shady side and if you dont get bit in a half hour move. also seemed kinda like a reaction bite, even with the plastics. a twitch or a quick move.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts