Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I am looking for a crankin stick to throw med. to large caranks on. Looking for a St Croix. Thanx

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I just so happen to be wearing my St Croix hat at this very moment.... :D

St Croix has a rod that is designated "Crank Bait Rod". I believe most people would like something softer and slower in reaction in a crank bait rod than they would for plastics. I would like something about 6.6 - 7 feet long, with a medium action and a moderate speed. I use 6.6 - 7 foot rods with Med Heavy action and a fairly fast tip for MOST of my other fishing. And others would prefer or insist on a glass rod than a graphite.

Here is a link to the St Croix site. Look for their Crank Bait rods in their Premier Casting series. They have Crank Bait rods in their upper lines as well (Avid and Legend Elite lines)
http://www.stcroixrods.com

There is some good advice from the others on this topic - I'm NO pro here...

Good Luck and let us know what you decide on and how you like it!

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
fishermans choice has some new crankbait rods too,team diawa,there called "Light and Tough"".they are $99.I'll be pickin one of them up soon.they are fiberglass too!!check em out.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a Roland Martin Signiture Series rod that goes perfectly with my rick clunn. And I love to use this for crankbaits its not a st. croix but its great.
Justin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts