AZBZ Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I smoke a lot of crack and have been thinking of trying some carp fishing while I sit on the bank and drink beer. Now the question is, what the heck do I use? I saw some carp bait at Waterdogs last night, I could try that. Do they bite at night? Thats my biggest question. Please take it easy on me, Im very fragile. One day I can become the carp master and steal the title from Rackman!
Jason

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
A long time ago and in a far away place, I too went through my carp years. I preferred spears or bow and arrow. But, that's another story. But, if you do catch one, they are excellant if prepared in a smoker. Just add crackers and beer. MMMMMM Beer.

G

·
0 Posts
Carp

Simple, grab a can of corn, throw out a handful and chum. Pour some of the water from the can and pour it into the water also. they are creatures with a good sense of smell. I use an ultralight rod with 4lb test with a size 6 hook. Put about 2-3 kernals on your hook with a couple small splitshot and cast out about 10-20. Let it sit on the bottom with an almost tight line. sometimes it will take 2 minutes and other times 30 minutes before you get a bite. A couple taps and as soon as your rod bends set the hook. They fight great and are alot of fun. About the only time I fish for carp is when I can see them, then I use my flyrod with small nymphs, or if the bass fishing is slow in the middle of the day. You get to have something pull your string if the bass arent' biting. San Carlos and Roosevelt are my two favorite carp lakes. I have never caught one at night so I only fish for them during the day. Hope this helps.

G

·
0 Posts
yeah it sure does help, thanks. I think Im going to have to try it this weekend.
Jason

·
Registered
351 Posts
I was at Apache saturday and happened to put an 8 1/2 lb carp in the boat, lost another one, it actually tore my treble off the crankbait and netted my buddies 7 1/2 lb carp to boot!!! All three on crankbaits w/i 30 minutes of each other. One of the craziest things I have seen. They musta had a little "smallie" in their blood.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Go get some corn masa that they make tamales with. Saw some people using it one day at Bartlett and they were catching them right and left

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
of course with carp it is 100% catch and stuff in a garbage bag.

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
big red the gum? I think I will try some of that uncle josh carp bait....not really expecting to catch anything but what the heck. Of course I will have a nightcrawler on my other rod, just in case the bass want to play.

G

·
0 Posts
big red

big red the drink - I've never used this combination for bait, but I've seen it mentioned in countless fishing magazines. I was fishing a pond for bass once and this guy came up and tossed a cup full of floating dog food into the water and all these carp showed up in a matter of seconds, I'm guessing the guy probably fed them everyday, and started slurping it down. The next day I showed up with a bag of Tender Chops (tender so you can put them on the hook). I tossed a cup of it out and when the carp showed up, I used a long fly rod to toss my baited hook in front of a carp. It was a blast on a lightweight flyrod.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts