Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys
I was fishing the other day and got a dobbel, a 2 pounder on the front hook and a 1 pounder on the back hook ... this is my 3 erd time I've done it, twice on top water and one on a crank .
any how i would like to hear about your dobbels

see you on the water
tony g

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
I've done it several times on jerks when bass school heavily. I thought I had a sweet fish once in Boulder and it turned out to be a 3 and 2 pounder on a TDMinnow.

I was spooning with Rippinlips one time at Saguaro Lake and we both pulled up the same catfish that had each of our spoons in it's mouth - pulled it up with both rods!

·
Registered
140 Posts
hi guys
I was fishing the other day and got a dobbel, a 2 pounder on the front hook and a 1 pounder on the back hook ... this is my 3 erd time I've done it, twice on top water and one on a crank .
any how i would like to hear about your dobbels

see you on the water
tony g

Got a double hookup at Powell this spring on one of my Rat-Traps. Smallmouth and a striper, both a skosh over three ponds, duked it out. I'm pretty sure the smallie got there first and the striper tried to swipe it.

O.C.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I've had a 2.5 LM on the front hook of a crankbait, and a 3.5 on the back hook.

I've also had a 1 pound striper on teh front hook of a popper,a dn a 3-4 pounder on the back hook.

Several times I have had doubles on white bass and small largemouth when fishing two jigs behind an agitator.

Had lots of doubles fishing garlic cheese marshmallows for trout. One on each hook.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Happened to me 4 or 5 times in one day at Bartlett on a trap-type bait. Fish were decent sized, but nothing special. Lots of fun when the bite is on like that.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Happened to me 4 or 5 times in one day at Bartlett on a trap-type bait. Fish were decent sized, but nothing special. Lots of fun when the bite is on like that.
Had a triple at bartlett on a fat rap crawdad color and the other 2 guys in the boat each caught doubles.The bass were dinks but it was crazy. I stopped telling people that story cause I know they thought I was full of it. You brought it up so I had to add my 2 cents:).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts