Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:x Got my 2004 yearly pass at the cave creek office TNF and it is different this year (a pain) price is $95 for 7 day and now you have both a window sticker and a small plastic card that fits in your wallet?? the window sticker is the golden upgrade and the card is the golden passport,you have to display both (or you can be cited) and the lady says don't leave the card attached to your dash it will fade in the sun quick!!! so now with my short memory I wonder how long till I forget to take the golden passport out of my wallet or glove box and put it on the dash or it falls into the heater vent and I get cited!!, life used to be so easy why do they alwas make things tougher,old system worked great why the new hassle??:evil:

G

·
You can't buy the Tonto upgrade without getting the Golden Eagle pass. Yet you can't just display the upgrade with out displaying the golden eagle pass. Don't they know ya got the golden eagle if you display the upgrade!? This is our government folks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
That flat-out sucks.

That flat-out sucks. :evil:

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I got mine today and already taped it ot the window nnext to the sticker. They say it has to be visible. Thats there problem if it fades out and they cant read it. What a stupid law.

G

·

You paid 95.00 for parking privileges at the lakes, the extra bonus of a golden access passport gives you free admission to all national parks I'd say the is free. Look at some of the use fees at national parks and you'll be thankful to have that card, it saved me over 38.00 in fees while visiting some ruins in New Mexico last year. Again I'll mention that anybody with a disability gets the annual card for 30.00.

2Dogs

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
What's wrong with only displaying (automatically) the parking sticker on the windshield? Are you saying the window sticker is not all that's required now to park at Saguaro or Canyon?

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
Howard, I picked up mine on Friday and she clearly stated I must display the Golden Eagle pass AND the Tonto sticker when parking in the TNF or I would be cited. She even gave me a plastic thing to put my Golden Eagle card into and hang from the rear view mirror.

2dogs: The Golden Eagle pass is not free. It was $65 and the TNF upgrade was $30. Red Wings suck. I'll have your long awaited pics today.

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
How dumb is that d a? Two decals instead of one! I may tape the Golden Eagle decal to the windshield since I use a windshield shade screen in the summer time.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Make sure the golden eagle passport is visible.......... I got a ticket today at Canyon because they didn't see mine. I have a Dodge 4x4 and I don't think he could see it displayed on my dash because the truck is too high or the guy checking for it was too short.. Whatever it was worth a $29.00 ticket that I will have to fight. By the way I have had my TNF decal and Golden Eagle passport card since July of 2003 and have had no problems until today at Canyon. And yes my card was on the dash but he obviously could not see it. So now I have to go thru all the BS to try and fight this....

Tad

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
its not even two decals

I dont plan to look at ruins in New Mexico but glad it saved someone $$. Lone ranger,it isnt even two decals one decal and a buisness card size paper (that you have to sign) I just put my decal on (heck the 2003) wouldnt hardly come off. I took the small card and taped it neatly upside down on my sun visor. Now if I can remember to flip my visor down it will be sitting right side up and easily readable, and hopefully I wont loose it?? or forget to put the visor down (ya right) :x

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Fishless, they are banking on you forgetting to put your visor down. That way they can write you a $29 ticket! :(

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Yea $95 and $29.00 for every time someone forgets to put there card on the dash. Then about July and August of this year when all the cards begin to fade they will start writing tickets because they can't read the cards. I have a feeling that we will see alot of posts on this subject throughout the year with people getting tickets because of the Golden Eagle card not displayed on the dash. Mine was at the bottom of my windshield and I still got a ticket today. I think I will tape mine to my window with some chartuse duct tape so they don't miss it next time!

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Tadmo you know what sucks about that ticket you got. the guy could be a total prick and say you never had one, make you come to court and prove it then get off on a small fine. Bunch of BS if you ask me. its a racket and a big one. .

If by chance your permit falls or blows off the window your cited, Another words Guilty, cause you have no way to prove that you had it on your window. so it boils down to your word against there's and guess who will win!

If they played it fair they should be able to call it in and find out if you have a permit, then if they want to be pricks they can leave a note on your vehicle saying (we didnt see your permit on your dash please put keep it there)

But NOOOOO this is the biggest scam in the USA and they know it.
Thats one thing I will say about pleasant I have never gotten a ticket there yet. 99% of the time when I open the doors to get out the permit flies out the truck if its windy I dont chase it. if I get it, most of the time I leave it on the seat or it falls on the floor when I shut the door.
(now boat cop will be looking for my permit LOL)

Maybe you should get a big 8x10 sheet and copy the number down laminate it and Write #you I have a permit.

or
You could always get one tatoed on your Butt and when you have to go to court to show proof pull down the drawers and show the judge, then when the Judge asks why did you get it tatoed to your butt just tell him cause that way when your sticking it to me you will know I have a permit :twisted:

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

G

·
Burden of proof should be on the enforcement officer. If they want to prove it wasn't there they should take a photo and bring it to court. May be worth while to carry your own disposable and take a picture with their citation on the windshield. Especially if the card is visible as well. Of course then they will say you put it there after the fact and you're back to square one.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I agree Del....Its a huge scam and they are going to make there share of money on this...... I don't know why they didn't just make up 2 stickers to attach to the windshield instead of 1 sticker and a business card. Oh yea.. to scam us. Oh well............ Live and learn. I guess you have to play by there rules....... ( GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT) I am calling them thing this morning.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
they sold me last years card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:? :x How is this for a typical day for the USFS, went to roosevelt yesterday,buddy says stop by the tonto office there near marina and I will buy my yearly pass. Real nice lady sells him the sticker and pass and says would you like a mirror holder and I will laminate the card for you (it lasts much longer in the sun) I said would you mind if I bring my card in and have you laminate it just bought it 3 days ago (all the cave creek office gave me was the card and a warning on sun fade and display both or get cited) she says sure bring it in. I hand her the card and she says you don't want to laminate this card it is last years,where is this years. Hell's bells the cave creek office sold me last years card expires 1/04 (who the heckl looks at something like that when you just paid $95 and presume they have a clue??) I said I have my reciept can I exchange it here she says sorry you have to go back to the district office you bought it at. "moral of the story,everyone check your golden pass port card and make sure it expires in the month of 2005 and not 2004. They sold me the right sticker but and expired card.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts