Murray 27th Place =14.04 pounds
Hite 66th place = 10.05 pounds
Iwai 78th place =9.06 pounds
Kile 149th place = 2.01 pounds

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those guys are good

I was at the weigh-in...unbelieveable. I fished a tournament last weekend (the cold front before) in that area and struggled like the rest of the club I was fishing in. I caught 4 fish for 8 or lbs. The "experts" said it would take 40 lbs. to win (4 day total). That thought went away quick with Alton Jones' 27 lb. bag. Think you want to fish off the back of a boat routinely during bedding season? 80 some limits by the pros off the front, 1 by the amatuers off the back. From what I hear, all those big bed fish were caught early and might be slim pickens the rest of the way. Somebody might come from a ways back that was on a different bite today as the weather will improve throughout.

Just thought I would check in to give an update, but I saw the weights had been posted and thought I would add the color commentary.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Talk about making up for a rough first day. Mark Kile caught the second best limit today with 24 lbs. + to go from nowhere to in the money.

Bayou,

I'll be coming back in March. I'll give you a holler when I set the dates. I'd love to see that new rig of yours. Congratulations.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.