Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running Vista and computer is extremely slow. Have checked for virus, defragged, system restore, and scandisk. Nothing helped. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Don

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
well we got your post so it must not be too bad:D

·
Registered
421 Posts
When is it running extremely slow? Just during the internet? Or running a program? Need more details.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When is it running extremely slow? Just during the internet? Or running a program? Need more details.
Good question so I checked. The internet is fine. Programs it is. Quickbooks is a nightmare! I just put a thousand + pics on the external hard drive and that did not help either.

Don

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
The wife has vista on her laptop and its slow as hell... ALWAYS loading updates.. almost 24/7 don't have that problem with XP

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
it's vista
I have it too and it blows. This OS is going to be replaced by windows 7 and I think the upgrade is gonna be free for vista users.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
thats right, army flyer... my son works for m.s. on the '7' project. they should be offering a free download soon. can't wait to get rid of that vista crap.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I think Windows 7 is only free on new purchases and only certain computers. If you want, you can download a release candidate and install it. You can run it through March 1,2010. I have it running on my backup computer and it seems pretty good. Install was very easy. Not going to buy the update as I am running XPPro on my main computer.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/get/download.aspx

SteveM

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
Correct Steve Windows 7 will only be free with new purchases.

·
Registered
154 Posts
If you want to schedule a time I can come out there and take a look and see what I can do to try to speed things up...PM me or call me at 623-451-9980. Thanks for the props BR.

About Windows 7...the "Windows 7 Upgrade Option Program," the deal provides free or nearly-free upgrades to Windows 7 for people who purchase a new Vista PC between June 26, 2009 and Jan. 31, 2010. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/buy/offers/upgrade.aspx

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
when we bought the wife's laptop we were told it qualified for a free 7 upgrade when it is available. don't know long that has been going on. the son thought everyone with vista would get a free 7.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I hate when my pc checks/install upgrades. Always uses way too much memory(ram)
Try to change your preferences for auto updates to the middle of the night or something.
Worked for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts