Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent Friday on the water at Pleasent. Cold, windy and couldn't find the bite. Best day on the water in 4 months. :D Only day on the water in the last 4 months! :( Here's my story
Back in July I was preping for morning run to Pleasent. For some dumb reason I stuck the plug back in my Ranger :roll: :( . then got called to an emergency at Yavapai College where I work. Missed the trip in the morning. Was busy for the next couple weeks. Then we had one of our big monsoons hit. We got systems back on line at work so I set out for another morning trip to Pleasent.
( Del and I share the lake!) Anyway the boat is full of water almost up to the seat. Batteries, online charger, all gear in back compartments, Qbeam, black light, spare reels, both finders, sos spenders that had self inflated and locked everything in the compartment. I cryed and loughed at the same time :cry: :x . I pulled the plug drained all the gunk! :oops: Took about an hour to pri the sos-spenders out to start drying process on tackle and finders. Tossed tons of gunky plastics and spent lots of time cleaning stuff. Seems on board charger was biggest loss so far not adding up all the small stuff. I'm not sure why the auto bildge pump didn't keep up with rain. I wouldn't have needed to worry if I'd left the damm plug out untill I got to the lake in the first place. OK I plead dumm but I'm back on the water! :wink:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hey Podilla, been there done that, dont you just hate when that happens :lol: , hey podilla I use to live in Prescott Valley have you fished Goldwater Lake lately! that was my little fish factory when I lived up there, the fishing was always good, we use to fish Watson to, never had no luck there, is there any water in it by the way, Lynx lake, holds some good bass to, we just trout fished that lake.
  • Born to Fish

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Prescott area water

Goldwater and Lynx hold some toads I'm told. I launched my ranger in Goldwater and trolled around for a few hours and had a great time. Got lots of stares! Nothing big but fun. The state record blue gill came out of Goldwater, 3 somthing I think! The ranch ponds around the county hold the secret. 3-6 pounders every cast when conditions are good. I know guys the that grew up around Prescott and have only fish the ponds and never have been to the lakes around the state. There spoiled! Fishing is fishing but I like to cruise around the lake and hit different spots.

·
Registered
948 Posts
My on board charger "exploded!" (blew my lid open with plastic hitting me in the head). I sent the pieces back to the company and they sent me a brand new one no questions asked. Those on board chargers should be waterproof so I would pursue that! It doesn't hurt to try!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts