Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually use smaller sized worms when dropshotting, but is it wise to upsize when there is low visibility, like under a foot? What size Gamakatsu D/S hooks are good to use with say a 7" trick worm? What colors and sizes of worms help to get the worm noticed? Are watermelon colors effective or should you switch to blacks, whites, or chartreuse?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
In murky water I would try and use a worm with a little curly tail on it to send out some vibration. Remember drop shot worms dont always have to be straight. Maybe try something with ribs as well. As for color darker can be a better option. Where are you fishing that has off colored water?

·
Registered
129 Posts
quick question about d s fishing , what size hooks with what needs to be used. ie 4'worms 7" worms , fish baits and do tie to the line or swivel or leader. just learning how to do this instead of texas rig .

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
The trick worm will get just fine in stained water. Also 6" ST Robos. Just use darker colors and maybe dip the tails in something funky.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been fishing that pond on higley and elliot, and yes I live in Morrison Ranch. The water there is very stained and I haven't had much luck. I might pick up some of those ribbed robo's with the curly tail and try that. JasonR, I'm usually throwing the 4.5 or 6 in robo's. I wish I could find some that are straight black.

I'm hoping to get a boat here in the next couple years to do some real shit.... but times, boy they are tough for me right now.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I've been fishing that pond on higley and elliot, and yes I live in Morrison Ranch. The water there is very stained and I haven't had much luck. I might pick up some of those ribbed robo's with the curly tail and try that. JasonR, I'm usually throwing the 4.5 or 6 in robo's. I wish I could find some that are straight black.

I'm hoping to get a boat here in the next couple years to do some real shit.... but times, boy they are tough for me right now.

Their called midnight, with just a thin blue line on the bottom, made by robo.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mikerizzle get a pack of bold bluegill with the curly tail

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
The "midnight worms" w/ a thin blue line are Berkley p-worms "finesse, hand pour" series in 6 or 7". The after dark Robo, is good too, also try Black Grape. good luck.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I found some of the midnight Robo's at Sportsman's, but all they had was the 7" straight tail... I'm gonna give those a try. I still wish they made some more colors that are predominantly black. They had some sculpin 6" worms on clearance for 97 cents, but all they had left was aaron's magic which I have a ton of already, but I picked some more up cuz they were 97 cents!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts