Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:?: Delw: I noticed a loose metal plate in the internal,far side of the hand control on my rig ('99 Viper w/ 225 Ficht). It makes a 'clinking' sound when I shift in or out of gear. Mind you, it's not terrible, but after looking back there, I noticed it is loose. I have a Hot Foot and am wondering if it's due to nothing being connected to that plate. Any suggestions as to whether or not this is normal? Appreciate the feedback.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Probally just the 2 loose screws in the back(if its the back plate your seeing being loose) its a cover plate to keep the cables in and some dirt and grime out.
In which case you have one cable(since you have a hot foot) I would tighten it up.
Now how can you see it?, cause on most of the omc I have to crawl under the consol and look down the side with a flash light and sometimes a mirror.

Delw

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's exactly how I'm seeing it... crawling under the console and looking down that 'alley'. It looks like that plate is somewhat oval w/ a hole on each end of the ear and attached in the center. Should screws go from the outside panel mounting plate, through the panel, then into this bracket?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your should be able to reach them with a stubby nutdriver or screwdriver..You have to be a contourionist(sp) or get a young kid to do it.

Delw

1 - 6 of 6 Posts