Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a moron thank god he was a bad shot.

The stepson of a Maricopa County Sheriff's deputy has been arrested in connection with last week's shooting of a Department of Public Safety officer, and a video found at the crime scene showed the suspect bragging about wanting to kill police officers.

Daniel Novasad, 20, who had no permanent address, was taken into custody late Monday in the 13000 block of North B Street in El Mirage, according to Maricopa County Sheriff's officials. Novasad was hiding in a closet, armed with a 20-gauge shotgun at the time of his arrest, according to a police report.

Novasad is the stepson of Lance Novasad, a 14-year veteran of the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office.

DPS Officer Kyle Deforest, 32, was shot several times last week after a high-speed pursuit of a motorcyclist.

As the motorcyclist was fleeing the scene near Grand and 99th avenues on foot, he turned and shot Deforest in both legs, the left arm and head, according to police.

The officer is recovering at home.

The motorcyclist dropped a backpack containing the video as he ran from officers, according to a police report.

Daniel Novasad was booked into the Fourth Avenue Jail on suspicion of attempted homicide, officials said. Other charges that may be brought against him are aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and aggravated assault against a law enforcement officer, according to a police report.

·
Banned
96 Posts

The stepson of a Maricopa County Sheriff's deputy has been arrested in connection with last week's shooting of a Department of Public Safety officer, and a video found at the crime scene showed the suspect bragging about wanting to kill police officers.

Daniel Novasad, 20, who had no permanent address, was taken into custody late Monday in the 13000 block of North B Street in El Mirage, according to Maricopa County Sheriff's officials. Novasad was hiding in a closet, armed with a 20-gauge shotgun at the time of his arrest, according to a police report.

Novasad is the stepson of Lance Novasad, a 14-year veteran of the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office.

DPS Officer Kyle Deforest, 32, was shot several times last week after a high-speed pursuit of a motorcyclist.

As the motorcyclist was fleeing the scene near Grand and 99th avenues on foot, he turned and shot Deforest in both legs, the left arm and head, according to police.

The motorcyclist dropped a backpack containing the video as he ran from officers, according to a police report.

Daniel Novasad was booked into the Fourth Avenue Jail on suspicion of attempted homicide, officials said. Other charges that may be brought against him are aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and aggravated assault against a law enforcement officer, according to a police report.

He will probably get 2 years.....get out on parole and be successful at killing someone next time. Of course the excuse will be that the prisons are overcrowed with illegal alien 3rd world trash.

·
Banned
96 Posts
NO he is looking at 15 years! Hopefully more!:mad:
Yah, but the problem is they will reduce this for overcrowding or a plea bargain and he will be out after getting more hardened and do something worse.....The problem is that they let fools out like this again in the first place, as if prison will rehabilitate. We just need to put a bullet in fools like this and save someone's life in the future. How many crimes are committed by idiots who have done violent crimes, only to become more violent in the pen?

·
Banned
96 Posts
Make a scarecrow out of the guy popsicle style and let the crows pick his eyes out.....I am tired of all the psycho's running rampant and hurting innocent people minding their own business and actually paying for the attorney's of these peons. :evil:

·
Registered
8,424 Posts
Make a scarecrow out of the guy popsicle style and let the crows pick his eyes out.....I am tired of all the psycho's running rampant and hurting innocent people minding their own business and actually paying for the attorney's of these peons. :evil:
You get all these wonders of human life without the brains to blow their noses and then some Johnny-Come-Lately-Do-Gooder that says this guy has rights. There is a position that this guy gave up any form of having any living brain cells when he pulled out the guy and shot this officer.

Just like the officer that was killed a few months back and was I think a former Marine who had also served in Iraq. Officer Anthony Holly of the Glendale Police Depatment.

Yea I have heard it all before that I am so glad I live in a country like the USA and we give people fair trials and allow scum like this a chance.....I don't believe our forefathers when they setup the government of this country meant for people like this to be a burden on the good citizens.

I believe in a fair and speedy trial and execution all completed within 3 months. This might help some of the jail overpopulation problems.

·
Banned
96 Posts
Once you pull crap like shooting at a cop, this should be the end of the road. No second chances to get it right the next time...

They have adopted a pretty quick arbitration system in the county courts for cases under $10,000 (non-Superior court) and under $50K in the Superior Court.

What they need to do is develop some fast track for losers who shoot at the police and similar crimes. Have idiots who can barely spell their names that managed somehow to get a low degree represent them. Once it has been determined that their case is crap just take the clowns out and shoot them. They kill pets just because no one wants them who did nothing wrong...why do these guys deserve to live on our tax dollars. We need deterrents. Most of these guys know they will get food and shelter in the pen and for many this beats the streets where they have to steal or actually have to get a job.

·
Registered
1 Posts
From the Family.

Just so all of you know... Kyle is doing well he just recently got married to my mom.. yup that's right the officer kyle Deforest is my step dad. I WILL be at the sentencing and i WILL be telling Daniel how i feel about him and the situation he put my family in.. i personally hope he spends his life rotting in jail and IF he ever walks on the same streets as me again i hope he turns and walks the other way when he sees me coming.. he is scum... but just thought i would add my two cents in......

·
Registered
8,424 Posts
Just so all of you know... Kyle is doing well he just recently got married to my mom.. yup that's right the officer kyle Deforest is my step dad. I WILL be at the sentencing and i WILL be telling Daniel how i feel about him and the situation he put my family in.. i personally hope he spends his life rotting in jail and IF he ever walks on the same streets as me again i hope he turns and walks the other way when he sees me coming.. he is scum... but just thought i would add my two cents in......
Hope Kyle's recovery is doing well and he finds peace with himself and his new family.

So many, I mean so MANY of us are totally fed-up with scum like this piece of worthless trash Daniel and the compounded filth that has entered our country illegally and caused us all great pain. Our laws are so twisted and every right is given to the criminal while good people suffer is starting to wear thin. If a person is caught as they say "Red Handed" they have a right to a speedy execution.

Have a great family holiday and the best to your family.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hope all the best for the Forrest family. Daniel deserves all that the punishment necessary.

I used to be his Landlord. I kicked him out of my house partly for animal cruelty and destruction of property(topping over $2000) and among other things.

He had a dog which he never fed and cared for and was almost starved to death. After a number of calls from the neighbor complaining that they hear crying and whining all day and night, I had to physically bring the dog to the SPCA myself and they thanked me for turning the dog in. One day he loses his key, so instead of doing the logical and level minded thing and giving me a call to let me make him a new key(which would have taken 20 minutes for me to come by to solve the issue). I find out his breaks down 2 doors and my swimming pool gate to enter through a window.

He was very immature and thought he could do anything because his daddy worked for the sheriff dept. It finally caught up to him. It just goes to show, you do stupid things you pay the price. I guess you have to be as stupid as him to run from an officer, let alone try to shoot and kill one.

I am glad it was not my house and my closet he was hiding in with a shotgun. It could have been ugly with busted doors and bullet holes.

I will be looking forward to his sentencing on the 25th, i hope he gets the max.

·
Registered
3 Posts
nearly 40 years in prison was the sentence friday the 25th. I was there and i think she should have gotten the full 50 for trying to kill a DPS officer.

·
Registered
588 Posts
"nearly 40 years in prison was the sentence friday the 25th. I was there and i think she should have gotten the full 50 for trying to kill a DPS officer."

He was probably a he when we got his permanent address. Hopefully he is a she by now and doing well with her new boyfriend. Hopefully he'll rot in prison and remind his friends to do stupid things in other states.

GO JOE!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree! Execute and send the family a bill! Oh yea, we are a civilized society!
He is probably not getting out until 2045, he is serving his time. This is such rude behavior. He did something horrible and now he is paying for it. Their are actual psychos and he is not one. He has a daughter and a family.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts