Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When is someone in arizona going to start selling dobyns rods??? I keep hearing such good things about them and i'm really thinking about buying one but there is no way i'll do that without checking them out first.

WHY DOES NO ONE IN ARIZONA CARRY DOBYNS RODS?!?!

:1popcorn:

Any of you guys like dobyns rods?

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
LOL I was wondering the same thing......

Grinch was going to ask around for me but I haven't heard back from him. I want to check out there G2 rods especially the glass models.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL I was wondering the same thing......

Grinch was going to ask around for me but I haven't heard back from him. I want to check out there G2 rods especially the glass models.
I wanna check out their champion extreme line. I talked to some pros at the delta event who LOVE them

·
Registered
193 Posts
rods

Joey,

I can't speak about the new series of Champion Extremes, but if they are anything like last years models, they are awesome rods....Supposed to be better, but cost is much more also....

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks delw, not really asking about the "new series"... just wondering why dobyns are sold in so many states and internationally but somehow we dont have a dealer?!

Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I be one of them "keyboard professionals" .... All I can say is the Chinese build rods for about $10 to $30 each and then someone can put there name on them and sell them at a huge mark up.If you have the right name to put on them you can really rape your fellow fisherman's pocketbook.Thats what Bass Pro Shops and some other rod lines are all about.This year there are a lot of companys that have come out with some really good imported rods for under $100 (Skeets,Mojo,Vendetta) but when someone trys to sell them at the same price as a Quality American made or Custom rod maker (Boat Cop) rod prices it is just a plain rip off (greed).Joey,as for them pros on the delta, Dobyns is the local hero and the best fisherman in there zip code...Just my 2cents

·
Registered
84 Posts
When is someone in arizona going to start selling dobyns rods??? I keep hearing such good things about them and i'm really thinking about buying one but there is no way i'll do that without checking them out first.

WHY DOES NO ONE IN ARIZONA CARRY DOBYNS RODS?!?!

:1popcorn:

Any of you guys like dobyns rods?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I be one of them "keyboard professionals" .... All I can say is the Chinese build rods for about $10 to $30 each and then someone can put there name on them and sell them at a huge mark up.If you have the right name to put on them you can really rape your fellow fisherman's pocketbook.Thats what Bass Pro Shops and some other rod lines are all about.This year there are a lot of companys that have come out with some really good imported rods for under $100 (Skeets,Mojo,Vendetta) but when someone trys to sell them at the same price as a Quality American made or Custom rod maker (Boat Cop) rod prices it is just a plain rip off (greed).Joey,as for them pros on the delta, Dobyns is the local hero and the best fisherman in there zip code...Just my 2cents
Good thing I read the posts before I respond. Well said ma man.:icon_attnwhore:

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes I know about his first generation rod problems... But the G2 rods have no quality issues, and ive heard they are awesome rods.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Joey,as for them pros on the delta, Dobyns is the local hero and the best fisherman in there zip code...Just my 2cents
Yeah I know that he is a well respected guy up there

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
Joey-just get on westernbass and ask Dobyns for the best rod for what you want to do. Buy one from California then report back to everyone and maybe someone will follow suit. I wouldn't stock a new rod either until I knew that local anglers had used them and some demand was there.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts