Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

Dove Hunting

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  The Lite 
#1 ·
Anybody going this year? Anyone have any spots they want to give up? With all the sprawl all the spots I used to know are built over. Any tips PM me.

#5 ·
My day off is tomorrow, but I still would rather go fishing. I could never get those dove to taste good. The best so far is to debone the bird, stuff it with a jalapeno, wrap it with bacon, put it on the grill until the bacon is done then pull the jalapeno out, wrap it with the cooked bacon, and eat. It always feels like I'm forgetting something.

#7 ·
If anyone is out on the east side, there is one pretty good spot.

It's on Ironwood and E Ranch Rd, which is south of Germann.

I don't know how it will be tomorrow, after tonights storms, last year the same thing happened and the hunting sucked.

But if the storm doesn't turn them then it will be really good.

#10 ·
Good day for the 4 of us too. We got there at 8 and that was too early. They started flying good around 9 and we were loaded up by 10 with our 40 birds. Were headed back thurs for some more fun. I'm just glad there was water in this tank with the dry summer we've had. Not a sole but us on this tank either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.