Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone driven to Lake Huites in Mexico. If so, can you give some feed back on the dirt road and how long it took to navigate the dirt road. I've driven to Los Mochis a couple of times, but I haven't taken the trip to Huites. Thanks.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jason:
I'm trying to focus in on a date. I know it'll be Mexico soon, I just don't know how far I want to go in yet. I'll keep you in the loop.

I'll probably be removing my powerhead on Saturday and/or Sunday, so I'll be tied up and won't go fish. :( Can I have a raincheck? If I'll be getting sick on Monday, I'll call you. :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
We are headed to Novillio in the middle of march if you guys havent planned anything by then join us for the drive down? we have about 4 trucks/boats going down, my partner neighbor owns some villas down there so were are going to be staying down there for nest to nothing. Let me know.

G

·
Flip: Are your friend's villas in Batuc? I was just there in Nov and water was down. We launched at the dam. I've been there several times through (Batuc), but lately haven't been able to put in there at the church. What an awesome lake. That has to be the best in terms of structure in Sonora. Have you been there lately?

Jason: This is not a numbers lake like Huites. I've never stuck big fish at Novy like at Sag or Salto. But I understand they are there. I have a good friend in Batuc that has seen plenty.

Miguel(MultipleMigs)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Mig,

I am not sure where the Villas are at since I have never been down to Novy before, but he said we could stay for 10 bucks a night and have a cook cook our food for the same price. Now thats what I am talkin about.... I am so looking forward to the lake I was told that the #'s you catch are in the 4 to 7lbers but that a fish over 10 is not uncommon at all. We are staying for a week 1 day to drive down 5 days to fish and 1 day to drive back, if I havent found a senorita that will cook and clean my fish, and scratch that spot on my back when I want her to that is. If I can find that I just might not come back lol.

G

·
Drive to Huites

I've driven in from El Fuerte 4 times, and the road reminds me of the old road into Batuc at Novillo before they cut the new one in 93 or 94. It is long and pretty rough. From El Fuerte it's maybe 2 to 2 1/2 hours. It would be a long haul for a full size boat. We are going down the week of the 18th of February. As far as Novillo I have heard the river end up near Batuc is out of the water. The last time we went down we had to launch at the dam and had to leave the boats in the water which was no big deal because they had someone to watch the boats. It was a trick to get to the water. As of last Friday the lake level was at 17%.

G

·
Novillo Lake Level

First time posting to the site but I have enjoyed reading posts for sometime. I couldn't think of a better user name so ear hook will do. Flippin Stick can explain. I'm interested in finding out the current lake level at Novillo. If anyone has been recently or knows of a website with a recent update please let me know.

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
Flippin

We are going to Obregon March 11th to the 15th. Is this when you are going to Novillo? Might detour and catch you there instead. Like Novillo Obregon is low. Still trying to figure where to go. Miguel maybe we will hit Huites with you. 2 to 2.5 hours of dirt road ain't bad if there is water.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
JH: Would a light 15' w/ single axle trailer make it w/o any problem, assuming it is in excellent roadworthy shape? I never had the opportunity to drive the Novy road before the new one, so I can't compare that. However, I do go to LaAngostura alot and I don't think it could be much worse! What kind of rig are you taking?

Charlie: I'll keep in touch w/ you and let you know where I end up going.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Charlie

Our date is set for March 6 through the 13th on Novy. just ahead of you guys maybe on your way down you could meet up with us on our last couple of days there. I did hear (word of mouth) that Obregon was real real low if not dry. But dont take my word for it. If not slay 'em at Obregon.

G

·
novy

flippin stick i am going down those dates with a couple guys sure sounds like the same trip the only two I know are jeff and ladd thx Tony

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
Flippin Stick

Kinda hearing the same things about Obregon. As it gets closer i might reconnect with you. Maybe we swing to Novillo instead and get all your pointers. Thanks in advance for pre fishing it for us. :lol:

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
I couldn't have wished for a better answer. :lol: Now i really want to hook up south of the border. Fish on.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.