Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a trip to El-Salto last summer via plane flying into Mazatlan and was really amazing. Also, found a decent priced guide-service and hotel to stay other than the $500/person/day listed on internet. Would like to know if anyone has ever driven with boats and/or interested in planning a trip this spring?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Catfish, I did it this past Spring. I drove it (all approx. 17 hours) w/o any problems whatsoever. Doubled up a bass fishing trip w/ one of deep sea fishing. I won't get into the deep sea event. Talking bass...it was an awesome lake. I didn't get the numbers like you get at Huites, but it is a nice fishery. I camped on the lake and enjoyed meeting and partying w/ the local guides. I can provide more details where needed. It was a great time!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When Are we Going? P.S. I still have some tuna and I am going to Puerto Vallarta for Christmas so If I ever get down to North Tucson I'll bring you guys some.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I do a few/several Mexico trips per year, mainly in the spring, summer, and fall. This next year I'm focusing on Novillo and Huites. Tuna sounds awesome!

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
This may be stupid question but where may one find maps and details on the lakes in mexico? I also hear that boat insurance is a killer :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Garrett...Stop by the house next time your in chandler. Also, should be hitting apache during the holidays to try and figure out how to catch something bigger than Tony's thing :cry: :cry: if you want to go. Multimigs...thanks for the post...would like to find out more on the drive (would be willing to go to the other good lakes in mexico also)

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Yeah Miguel(multiplemigs)...if you need someone to ride shotgun with you to Mexico this coming year, Im in!

Jason

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Im on it, and hopfully my Spanish will be up to par when we go, Im working on it now. Really, Im just going for the food!

No, not really, but the food is good!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ElSalto

I just got back. I went over thanksgiving for 4 days. The fishing was good, but didn't do as well as other trips to the lake. We drove and took our own boat. I have gone several times to Mexico with no problems. The insurance will run about 150.00 for the boat and truck for 4 days. I did manage a 9.3 lber only had 4 fish over six lbs. We caught about 150-175 during the trip. I would go down in Feb. Don't wait to long or it will be hot. Fred Ward has a place to launch and keep your boat in the water for 10.00 per night with power and a watchman. The water was still 80 degrees over thanksgivng. The rooms are 65.00 per night in Lacruz at J.R.'s . I have all of the phone numbers if you would like.
Bill P

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
El Salto

P.S. They do have radar guns for speeding so be careful. I got nailed at 129 Km in a 60Km in the middle of no where. They will take your license and give you a ticket a little spanish helps. I paid the fine on the spot 100.00 no ticket and kept my license. Adios Amigo
Bill

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MultipleMigs can you launch at Novillo

I heard the water was down and launching was tough. Did you go this year? It sure is alot closer. I would like to go back.
Bill

·
Registered
118 Posts
Novillo Levels

Water is down, however, no problem launching at the dam. That is still a big lake w/ the water level where it is. I went this past November.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Novillo

How did you do at Novillo? I would like to go some time after the first of the year. I like El Salto but Novillo is an easier run. I see that you mentioned Dan W. You must have been down there when I talked to him. He said he wasn't sure how it was. I know he said Obregon wasn't doing well so we went to El Salto. I don't like the drive into Huites that much.Thanks for your help. My email is [email protected].
Bill

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Bill, I dont think it was Dan W he mentioned, it's a different Dan he was referring to...Dan R. (he posts as rackman)
Jason

1 - 17 of 17 Posts